Ane

How to: the free camera

Dear Ylanders,

Did you miss the possibility of having a more flexible camera in the game and being able to move it around freely? Then today is your lucky day. Write "/freecamera" in the console and you're good to go. 

Setting positions

Typing "/setcameraview X" (X being a number from 1 to 9): you can store up to 9 positions and rotations. The camera will then go from one to the other(s).

Going from one position to another

Typing "/runcamera X Y" (X being the number of the 1st position and Y being the 2nd one): the camera will run from position #X to position #Y 

Setting the speed

Typing "/runcamera X Y -s C D" (C being the number of the 1st speed and D being the 2nd one): the camera will run from position #X to position #Y starting with speed #C and ending with speed #D

(both -s and #D are optional)

Staying in one position

Typing "/runcamera X Y -d C": the camera will run from position #X to position #Y, but first it will wait C seconds (the camera will stay in the end position until the player tries to move / presses ESC)

Chaining movements in one command (example)

Typing "/runcamera 1 3 -s 10 40 3 5 -s 40 20 5 1 -s 20 10": the camera will run from position 1 to position 3, starting with speed 10 and ending with speed 40. Then it will continue from position 3 to position 5 descending speed from 40 to 20, then continuing through 4, 3, 2, 1 ending with speed 10.

Let me know if there's something unclear or if you have any doubts!

Ane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Oh my cuss!!! Thank you! I have been struggling with building and the camera being so restricted and horribly close. Trying this out tomorrow!!