Azaren

Add new block texture for medieval

Question

(Sorry for my english)

Please, can you add new block texture like on the picture below?
This similar one which is used now is "meretricious" and on large areas look really awful.

(Czech)

Prosím, mohli byste přidat jeden nový, popřípadě upravit starý blok, který má imitovat kamennou zeď s maltou?
Ten starý, který je nyní použit vypadá vyloženě "uměle" a při použití u větší plochy vypadá doslova strašně...
Pro příklad ukázka vhodnějšího (realističtějšího) použití textury použiji obrázek z MC viz. níže, kde je materiál krásně realisticky proveden - a to i přes kostičkování v MC.
Pokud se dnes dostanu k PC, nahraju i použití u větší plochy stávajícího bloku z Ylands na svém hradě. Je to opravdu obrovský rozdíl....

Omlouvám se, pokud je můj příspěvek poněkud..."ostřejší" - jsem s Ylands maximálně spokojen, pouze vidím možnosti, kde by se mohl ještě zdokonalit a trošku realističtěji vypadající blok (zachovávající si svůj "Yland polygonální vzhled")  bych velmi ocenil - vzhledem k tomu, že na hradech je takovýto blok naprostým základem stavby. Předem Děkuji za odpověď - česky bych uvítal ? 

2017-07-05-12-44-23-1518349855.png.6dce19980bedc5f3bd7cc7b9b0d8c09e.png

Edited by bures.peter

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Actually, this gave me what I think may possibly be a better idea.  How about a standard block series that allows for a custom texture?  You could have like 5 sets, and the maker of the map (or original host of an explorer game) could assign textures to each set as they see fit.  Not only would this overall be less work than creating blocks for each texture requested by users (even though the style requested above is a good one), it would also have the added value for map creators in that they can give their maps a bit of unique personality that other maps don't have.  This could open up considerable potential, and the extra textures would just need to be stored in the unique map rather than creating a long list of additional new textured blocks.  Obviously there would need to be texture maps (images) so creators would know how the texture gets folded / manipulated onto the blocks, but that shouldn't be too hard to provide.  Implementing this would easily allow for the above texture where desired but also allow for additional textures to complement it or replace it as others may want (like for a modern setting).

Thoughts?

Edited by belrathius
  • Like 1

I like the second idea a lot and I'll discuss it with the Devs. Will be a long term project though if it gets approved ?

• Upvote 1