JohnMFSteel

what did I find here exactly?

Oh I read about this random encounter! I didn't realize it was still part of the game. There is supposed to be treasure near the tesla coil.

If you’re talking about the floating Tesla block, then I will definitely show my age with regards to this game!

The building in the front of the picture is a random encounter and a useful one at that. It’s a Ylandium recharging station. When the engines are on, the device charges up. When ready you can activate it, and it will recharge all depleted power packs in range.

The floating block at the back is far more interesting. It’s a segment from a large puzzle that’s been in the game for ages. The reward for solving it is a set of Iron-man themed power armour.

You need to acquire a set of keys. The first key (and piece of armour) is located in the caves.

The second is harder to find as you need to locate an unmarked sunken submarine and another piece of the armour.

The third is an easy one, look for a big metallic tower with the letter ‘I’ illuminated on its side. Use the key on the sphere, get the armour and the next key.

The final one is the hardest to achieve; The floating Tesla block! To overcome this, a propellor pack will make it easier. Many remaining ‘Ylands Veterans’ Will advise destroying the Tesla’s. I respectfully disagree. Bring an energy tool, fly carefully to the Tesla’s Kill field. As soon as you are in range, using the power tool, disconnect the power supply to the Tesla’s. Claim your final piece of the puzzle and enjoy!

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

By the way, the power recharging construction has a large quantity of gearboxes up for grabs, it’s a welcome sight when you want to build a car!

• Like 2

NICE, soI found the I tower pretty quick it wasn't far from where I took the picture. I still need to explore the cave more.
I got lucky pretty early on and have a full set of scuba+ 3 Oxy tanks, so hopefully that helps with finding the submarine. :D

I’d say the submarine is the worst one to find. It’s off the coast of the island you’re on but it’s not marked.

The key to the submarine is located in the caves, usually in the final main chamber.

? Just used the recharging station for the first time, what an experience! This game really doesn't cease to impress.

So Yaourt (and probably others) figured out that the submarine can be found using the ship compass. It actually does show up as an icon on that compass. I searched for several hours for it because I didn't realize that. ? I also saw a lab coat and book floating above it.

It is correct that it doesn't show up on the handheld compass.

Edited by ocnoglittle