UniteTheClans

Stuck on the Land Ahoy screen!

Question

Hi geeks.

I haven't played in a year or more and I was excited to log in and try out the new updates. I load up the game, choose Exploration (Experimental). I click on an Yland chain (I've tried Temperate and Tropical) and go to start a game. The LAND AHOY! box pops up and I click CONFIRM on a silly name but nothing happens at all! I've tried validating files, reinstalling the game, changing the name of my save to something unique, deleting my character and game data, but nothing works. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

screenshot.519.png

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think you have to start on the original spawn island, but from there you can go anywhere once you sail to the edge of the map.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

I seem to have two choices, a temperate cluster and a tropical cluster, but either one I pick I get a confirm button that won't lead me anywhere. I haven't had a choice of one of the individual islands yet.

It could be because of a plugged-in controller. We have had problems with controllers in the past and one of them was not being able to start a new game. If you have a controller plugged in, please try it without. If you don't have a controller plugged in and it happens again, please send us your output_logs and output_logs_clean which you can find here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data