Roberestarkk

Queue-type crafting UI tweak (maintain queue view)

Question

G'Day Guys,

Just suggesting a slight tweak to the type of crafting menu where there's a queue.

Currently, if you're on a screen like this:
image.thumb.png.2903f62b89462181017e8b0c616ffdf9.png
The food/Iron/whatever finishes cooking up, and you take them all, and you want to cook up a bunch more.

The probably easiest way to do this is to right click the crafting button right, only doing that immediately switches it back to this view:
image.thumb.png.6093323526de75af60cfc811ce420f9d.png

This isn't super helpful as it means you just spam the click until you get the message that the queue is full, then go click 'Pending' to go back to the view you were on originally.
What would be awesome is if right-clicking to queue up a craft, left the right hand panel on whatever it's already on.

Obviously it would also be great to have a 'craft-max' button or something to fill the queue with as many of that type of job as possible, and/or have the ability to use the bottom two buttons from 'pending' (ie: 'refuel/ignite' and 'take all') from either view.
If you guys want to do either or both of those things I'd be all for it, but the least disruptive change to the UI I can think of would be to just have right clicking in the left hand panel not affect the right hand panel, so that's the main request/suggestion.

Cheers.

Edited by Roberestarkk
Embedding Images and tweaking wording
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I also find this irritating.
Especially if I haven't fed the fire first, so then I have to go to the pending panel and click FEED which then makes it automatically go back to the crafting panel for some reason which means I have to click back on the pending panel again to click IGNITE and start the process. Way too many steps. Yes, it would be quicker if I remember to feed the fire first, but I generally don't. Bad habits I guess?
But honestly, we don't really need to see the recipe each time we craft multiple in succession, I'd rather see how many slots are left to fill. It's only helpful seeing how many of a particular crafting item we have left in case we don't want to use them all up by accident.