Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Mutant apocalypse? planned or coincidence?

On  My  1.5 exploration  multiplayer "chickenland" i had  established a base and   armed myself, and whist crafting  in my  hobbit hole, i heard  mutants making threatening noises outside. With caution i emerged  to  find my base being encircled by 6  mutant  golems !!  They appeared to be searching for me .   After i disposed of  two, i was finding  about  15 mutant leopards  roaming inside my barrier...i suffered a few hits  but  managed to  find a  place from where to defend. 

The battle lasted a whole "night" and after exhausting my supply of  bullets, the  tree  trunks  were littered  with crossbow  bolts  that  missed their  mark, and the hillside and surrounding area was glowing green with piles of  Ylandium  dust and  crystals.

I survived ... :)    Either my base was near a   spawn point , or they came out looking for me ...their  behavior suggested the latter.

Anyway . it was a "fun"  night . I think it was just coincidence  but really  devs,  this  could be a interesting  game addition....if  after  so many  days and the caves not   cleared ...   the  mutants   emerge  one  night  for an apocalyptic  revenge    ... ;)

Sure made my  exploration  game  more interesting ;)  ..meanwhile i need to craft ( lots) more ammo and  beef up my defense walls ...

And for the record ... two of us  managed to  cross the seas of  exploration and  meet  ;) .. the   game  is lookig up  ..

• Like 1

Well  well ...another  night and  about  6  golems and  30  mutant  leopards  tried to overrun  my base .. they were appearing  around the   edges   of my barrier  and definitely   trying to get in ....   check out the  screenshots...the piles of ylandium and   crystal  tell the story.

need to craft more   ammo in a hurry!

20201226101639_1.jpg

20201226102445_1.jpg

20201226102656_1.jpg

My little home is on a tier 1. Yesterday A mutant alpha brute bear tried to kill me there. Almost succeeded! It threw me off because I was only expecting tier one 2 shot kills. This alpha brute took almost 10 shots! 

I also  encountered an  alpha brute  bear  while i was  building my ship ...  yes  a tier 1  island...  i managed to swim to the ship and   get aboard   and used  my entire  crossbow store  in disposing  the  blighter.

i guess i  can say now  i  swam to  safety  with a "bear"   ( bare :)   )  behind   ...

• Like 1