Sign in to follow this  
SandyT

Recently played games screen and missing PB

Question

The recently played games screen is very confusing. It has caused some confusion for me, assuming the latest game is the one at the beginning has turned out to be false. I managed to lose my base with my PB set up by choosing the wrong icon. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it, but not until after I had deleted my game and character progress in the hopes I could start over with an empty recently played games menu and a PB. Neither of those happened, I just lost all my inventory and had to start again without a PB. This will mostly confine me to SP. 

Suggestion: Make the recently played games menu more stream-lined and intuitive with players having the ability to delete the "games" that aren't needed any longer. I've found if I don't start on my spawn island, it's a roulette game if the one I pick still has my current player and progress. If we could delete the ones we need to, it would help me tremendously. Plus it would go a long way toward satisfying my OCD,

Question: Will we only ever get just ONE PB from now on? 

I forgot the mention that I went as far as uninstalling Ylands and re-installing in hopes of getting a fresh start. But it didn't work.

20201227024754_1.jpg

Edited by SandyT
  • Like 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I mentioned to Adam about maybe having the possibility to unsummon the barriers like the ships. That way people could still only have the one barrier but set it up in a different place if they like something better. He seemed to like that idea. Maybe they will use it for 1.6? I know they are re-working the barrier system now.

Also if you click the little cogwheel at the top for options it takes you to an option to delete all progress,  including all islands you discovered and all player progress. Maybe the barrier gets replaced when you do that? 

1 hour ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Also if you click the little cogwheel at the top for options it takes you to an option to delete all progress,  including all islands you discovered and all player progress. Maybe the barrier gets replaced when you do that? 

Thanks, Spiritchaser28. I did delete all my progress and games. After I did that, all of the games were still showing, but when I clicked on one of them, it spawned me on the temperate island without any inventory at all, it was all gone and there wasn't a new PB either. It wasn't even a safe island.

I have the same issue. I deleted my World after getting stranded in the middle of the ocean with out a personal ship and had placed my pb. Now I don't have a pb and no way to get one. I have been messing about with the game doing litteraly everything including deleting cloud data and still don't have a pb

2 hours ago, SandyT said:

Thanks, Spiritchaser28. I did delete all my progress and games. After I did that, all of the games were still showing, but when I clicked on one of them, it spawned me on the temperate island without any inventory at all, it was all gone and there wasn't a new PB either. It wasn't even a safe island.

this is what happened to me. start off with nothing. no broken barrier or a single stick. thankfully i out all my stuff in a trunk on my friends island chest adn was able to visit him and get my guardian gear and toolbox back

• Like 1

Dang Sandy. Sorry to hear about the barrier loss. Hopefully this will be fixed in 1.6 This should be high on the list of priorities, also high on the list should be transporting tamed animals to different regions and adding screwdrivers, knifes, axes and chisels to the toolbox....and fixing social so you can tell where you friends are

• Like 1