Allelya

Only One Exploration Save?

I have a friend interested in buying the game. I was going to have him join my save (since you can do that if he hasn't bought it yet). But the game is not allowing me to start an additional exploration save. I don't want him to be on my save that I have already created- that's reserved for play with someone else

Your friend would not be allowed to join even if you invited them to a different map except if you are online and had it saved as a sharegame. If they do not own explore, the game would only be available for them if you are in the game.

21 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Your friend would not be allowed to join even if you invited them to a different map except if you are online and had it saved as a sharegame. If they do not own explore, the game would only be available for them if you are in the game.

That doesn't answer my initial question at all. His screen told him he could join other people's saves. Now... can I or can I NOT create an additional exploration save or am I locked to ONE?

Atm you only have one. It will always take you wherever you left off in explore....your friend will not be able to join if you are not present if they do not own exploration DLC.

14 hours ago, Allelya said:

That doesn't answer my initial question at all. His screen told him he could join other people's saves. Now... can I or can I NOT create an additional exploration save or am I locked to ONE?

Hi there, if you use family sharing on your Steam account then you should be able to create more than one save. If you would like a copy of the DLC just ask me on discord https://discord.gg/cwETuMN

I think he will only be on your saved game if he is online.  I believe persistent avatars in exploration no longer exist.   If he has a ship, it will also not be "there."   When I have been playing with friends, if they are not online with me, their stuff is not there on my game.  Of course, any thing they built or crafted will be there, but not the player or their ship.