spiritchaser28

[YLD-28151] Tiny suggestion for plants

Question

I know you guys are working on a lot of bigger issues with rolling out 1.6 One thing I would like to see implemented aside from all the major suggestions people have made involves a few plants. Cave plants, irises, and lilies. and mushrooms. Right now if you pick any of the plants you get grass. You can destroy the lilies and irises to get seeds by whacking at them, but cave plants in particular get you nothing but grass. I know a lot of the cooler looking builds utilize cave plants as decoration to make it look like ivy on the walls, etc. I can live with whacking away at lilies and irises to get their seeds to plant as decoration, but I would LOVE to see cave plants being picked as cave plants and not as grass. I personally love to use them as decoration for the walls of buildings using editor. the same goes for many rainforest plants that get picked as grass. Allow them to picked so people can utilize them as decoration for builds instead of as grass. There's plenty of grass everywhere so I don't see this as being a difficult thing to implement. I think a lot of people with a keen sense of adding decorations would absolutely love this. 

With mushrooms, I'd like to be able to grow those as well. Perhaps utilizing a log as a "mushroom grow log". This may be a bit more work to make something such as this. Anyhow just a tiny suggestion for devs. If you decide to implement these suggestions, I am certain you would see a lot more incredible looking buildings being posted.

On a small side note...I also think a lot of people love using stepping stones for decoration. Make those craftable please and thank you!

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

So designers will try and implement your cave plants suggestion ? The mushrooms will be more difficult though and will need thinking through ? Thank you ?

• Thanks 2

Sweet! Thanks Adam! I Love using them in editor, and some of the big rainforest plants. Making walls and structures have more character, asthetically speaking.