Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

changes to ships on P1 server do not carry over to any BI server.

Question

I spent  a  whole  day  ( yes  ,,i dont have a life...) using the  workstations on  a P! owned  server to craft fittings to  upgrade my  ship.  I  paced on board workstations,   storage  and    enhanced  lighting  and   a safe to contain  valuables  with a key

after  finsihing  it , and a   short  test  run , i decided to  return to my  island i use as a base  ( its a  BI ylands  server island   as i have it password  protected  as i   dont  have a PB after a previous glitch/crash/disconnect.

When i arrived at the  home island  ...all my improvements  were gone!   the ship had reverted to  pre modification.

the safe  had  gon,  so  had its key  from  my keyring,  and the  contents  inside  went  back to the storage.   also all the stuff i had  crafted and  stored  on the P!  server    had  disappeared  from inside the storage  cabinets.

The issue  seems to be   crossing the  boundary   from a  P!  server to a BI  server.

Until the  issue  about  retaining  a PB  is  fixed to allow  construction of a   safe place on a  P! server ... the  games   stuffed  for me .

I  have to use a  island   with a pw  to protect   ship  etc  when offline .otherwise    griefers   rob and  kill.

Off to do something  else .   

log attached of  when i arrived at my   base   might   not be of use

NOT  HAPPY !

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I had a similar issue happen with a ship, but after I restarted the game it was all there. I know it has nothing to do with scripting since we can't do that in new exploration, but I am wondering if it was a Nitrado server or a regular BI server that p1 rented? I know since nitrado became available there have been hiccups even before 1.5

done a complete  restart   ....    no luck

Its useless building a base or  storage  without a  PB  to  protect it .    Until the   barrier  thing is  fixed  - thats it.   This  constant  restarting   from zero with lost stuff   is a pain...  but now  the same  with a ship?   frustration.