mickeymcd1

Lost games

Question

What happened? I had a saved game that just disappeared on me on 01/06/2021. I had built up a descent supply of items and was building a home base. It was going pretty well and the I longed back in and the only thing I had left was my ship and what was on it.

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Did you hit the Delete World Progress button in the settings/options by mistake? This would have completely deleted your old world/map and started you on a new one with your inventory (and ship) intact.

Unfortunately, the log is not from the day it happened, so it doesn't contain any relevant information :( But we are working on a fix, where games are saved more often and more reliably, so this shouldn't happen again. Unfortunately not sure how we could rectify your current situation ?

Okay ... not  happy guys....     game  hung  ....   waited  15  minutes      ylands  stopped responding ...got  dumped out    ... came back   and  guess what? it  wants me to start  all over again.

Is  this a game ,  or  torture?

logs   attached  but i   think they will be no help.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Well   smack me down  with a  horsefeather..

restarted   steam  -  restarted   ylands    came in and  it offered me the chance to restart ... i  ignored it and went in through the lobby ... tried again  and   wowzers   i  got  back the  map i was on before ....    so logged  in there... summonsed  ship ... sailed to edge of  maps and    found  my old  base  ....    got home  and checked  ----- everything  survived .  (whew)

Now  ..if i had  accepted the  first   screen  saying  'start  again  " i  guess i would have   lost the lot .

by going back through the lobby and looking for the   game  there ...  might  be the solution...   

But  i had  enuff  of  the  game at the moment ...   :)  Time to   eat  and   soak  brain  if   hot  coffee