Sign in to follow this  
Yaourt

KNOWN ISSUE Music Library/Custom controls problems

Question

Hello,

I've been waiting for some time to be able to import sounds into ylands editor, and 1.6 finally came!

However I have been experiencing some troubles with the music library and i'm not really sure if this is because of bad scripting or because of how the midi files are played in game.

I have made a playable piano with importing 25 key sounds. When sitting at the piano, it opens a custom UI displaying the notes (see image bellow) and with custom controls it play the key sound (and the note in the UI will light up).

image.png.53021979721cf18d2529480677d4c94b.png

Problem is, sometimes, some sound won't play, especially when doing chords. Sometimes sounds will get cut and stop playing, and sometimes some chords won't play at all.

Here is the instruction when pressing a key :

image.thumb.png.1550d6b66a21227188b8e946cf858d97.png

Currently this is plugged on every key TAP event.

For further testing, game is uploaded as "Piano Training Ground", I can also send the composition if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

• Upvote 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Additional information:

I have added an auto play with a music sheet and the weird part is that depending of the speed, sound are more or less skipped.

For exemple with a delay of 0.35sec between each chords, nearly all notes are played, but with a 0.5sec delay, maybe 1/4 note is skipped. and then for a 0.30sec speed, about a third of the notes are skipped again.

It may have to do with the timing of the end of the previous sound :?

The UI shows that the notes are indeed selected so the problem have to come from the sound.

Second Edit :

It seems that when playing multiple sounds at the same time, only the last one will actually be played.

Kind regards.

Edited by Yaourt
Add a few more informations
  • Upvote 2

Hi there! 

So the team looked into the problem and unfortunately at this point, it is not possible to play individual notes that quickly in succession. 

We will fix this in the next update though, so thank you very much for bringing this to our attention! 

dsfasdf.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1