Sign in to follow this  
BigBoss87

Experience online

Hi there,

Playing in various multiplayer games I can see the experience will be the same as many other games. We work just for those who host the game.

Dosn't matter if the game is great or fun, we always will have this kind of things.

Its impossible when you have almost everything to build a ship, amost all cottom farmed, and the owners pick my stuff, and left no resources behind...
As I can see, Iron, Clay, Cooper etc dont respawn and make impossible to go away for another island.

That is just what I think, I will stay in Single player

Did hours of play for the host, too bad....

Dont get me wrong, I love this game. It might be interesting if resources respawn...

Tnks

9 minutes ago, BigBoss87 said:

Hi there,

Playing in various multiplayer games I can see the experience will be the same as many other games. We work just for those who host the game.

Dosn't matter if the game is great or fun, we always will have this kind of things.

Its impossible when you have almost everything to build a ship, amost all cottom farmed, and the owners pick my stuff, and left no resources behind...
As I can see, Iron, Clay, Cooper etc dont respawn and make impossible to go away for another island.

That is just what I think, I will stay in Single player

Did hours of play for the host, too bad....

Dont get me wrong, I love this game. It might be interesting if resources respawn...

Tnks

I tend to collect some food and build a raft, then follow the birds to another island almost straight away. Getting away from where there is competition and finding a shady cove somewhere to build up a small camp, where I construct a ship etc. I've just launched my server on a fresh map, feel free to join! Or Adrie has a nice group of helpful people to join with?

5 minutes ago, BigBoss87 said:

No, I will join your to triy it once more... but its protected by a pasword.

Thanks

The password is in the server thread here - 

• Upvote 1

With MP finally becoming a solid experience (technical wise) we are now focusing on issues like griefing and try finding ways of making MP more fun and safer for everyone. We understand that these things, at least in some way, definitely need to be addressed before we enter Steam. In near future, we plan to discuss with you what is it that we have planned to battle this.

• Upvote 1

In my opinon having resources respawn wouldnt be so great, it would take away the need to explore to other islands, it also makes you think about using your resources carefully. If you want a solid multiplayer experience, the best way to go is to play with a few other friends, that way you dont have to worry about all the stuff you just mentioned.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aleš Ulm said:

With MP finally becoming a solid experience (technical wise) we are now focusing on issues like griefing and try finding ways of making MP more fun and safer for everyone. We understand that these things, at least in some way, definitely need to be addressed before we enter Steam. In near future, we plan to discuss with you what is it that we have planned to battle this.

Thank you for answering this topic.

Cant wait for more! You have everything guys.

Im playing in John server, im ajnjoying  everything I did there.

31 minutes ago, Achilles77 said:

In my opinon having resources respawn wouldnt be so great, it would take away the need to explore to other islands, it also makes you think about using your resources carefully. If you want a solid multiplayer experience, the best way to go is to play with a few other friends, that way you dont have to worry about all the stuff you just mentioned.

Yes you are right but if you want to go away from the first island you need iron, if everyone pick up the iron you will be able to leave.

The reapawn I mean, in few days apear a little bit more somewhere would be nice, not entirely

6 minutes ago, BigBoss87 said:

Yes you are right but if you want to go away from the first island you need iron, if everyone pick up the iron you will be able to leave.

The reapawn I mean, in few days apear a little bit more somewhere would be nice, not entirely

Heya! You don't need a boat to leave, a raft is just as nice! Just a few logs/bamboo, a few ropes and some snacks for your journey and you're set on your journey to the next island :) 

38 minutes ago, Achilles77 said:

Maybe having multiple "difficulty" settings would be nice? I wasn't so much talking about ores, more about plants like cotton/flax. I don't think vast amounts should spawn, just little amounts so you can have some seeds, to grow your own farm :) 

I agree that at the moment games with a bunch of friends are the way to go, but I would love to see huge communities being formed. The things people get done in Minecraft when they're on a server with 100+ people still amazes me every time.

Adrie

• Upvote 1