Sign in to follow this  
starwarss

DEV ANSWER Temporary PvE/PvP server

Question

Hello,

Actually, I really enjoy playing Ylands. But I'm alone... I understood that we can create some sort of LAN servers but it's not easy as just connecting to an IP adress.

So, could you make some PvE dedicated servers avaible during the devlopment of Ylands to make to players able to play together and try to have the most sofisticated base ?

I think that it could be very cool if we could have some auto-restarted servers on the Medieval map to make some attack/deffense game.

Ylands is really cool, don't let us only play alone ;) 

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

let me tell you little bit about our plans when it comes to multiplayer. We expect that larger number of players will start coming to the game once it is "officially" announced through the usual channels (this hasn't happened yet but will very soon) and especially later, when the game eventually becomes available on Steam. Many of those players will be interested primarily in MP so it is really high on our priority list.

Within the next 4 - 6 weeks we will make sure that most of the MP critical or annoying issues are fixed.

Very soon we will start working on dedicated servers support which shouldn't take very long and once this is done we will make sure there are some persistent servers you can play on - and from that moment also you, players, will be able to host persistent servers yourself.

We will keep you posted about the current progress in our weekly Sneak peaks and  Developer diaries.

• Upvote 1