Deadeye_Rob

Alternative energy - Whale Oil

Hi guys,

As many of you already know; I’m a super fan of the game Dishonored (my build style reflects this!). The primary power/fuel sources that drives all things mechanical/electrical in the Dishonored universe is the highly-volatile Whale Oil.

Using the power of scripting and a little creative custom designs, I’d like to build a new energy system from the ground-up based on hunting the local wildlife. Whilst this new energy source is powerful, it does unbalance your local ecosystem.

I’ll post screenshots of my development on this thread. Including more details of this new system! Any suggestions or advice would be welcome!

Rob

• Like 2

Hi. I spent a lot of hours researching energy, and its options in the game . if you will need help with script write me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mello!

Here's my first 'proof of concept'

20220223211133_1.thumb.jpg.16e1a1c7a4d9d4e88f30d1942aafc774.jpg

This is a 'Canister Refueling Station'. This receptacle will be fitted to larger oil storage tanks and will provide users with the means to refuel/recharge their Oil Canisters from a larger storage source.

20220223211139_1.thumb.jpg.9a29c7dbef7004df9c629210975b69f8.jpg

The script is very simple at the moment. Upon interacting with the station, the script will check the player's inventory for a depleted oil canister -Ylandium Power Pack-. If one is found, it will automatically remove it from the players inventory and fit it to the receptacle for recharging operations. The animation sequence will run its course, including sound effects and after approximately 5 seconds, the sequence will be complete.

20220223211149_1.thumb.jpg.ceefaae5a031cf7ff26d5505c96ea47f.jpg

Players are then free to retrieve a fully recharged canister and the system is ready to proceed again! The ability to continuously use this recharging station will be dependent upon the amount of oil stored within the tank supplying it. In other words, you cant recharge your canisters if your storage tank runs dry!

Next up, I want to design and draft up some ideas for medium/large-scale oil storage constructions, and embed their scripts into the canister stations. This will include the ability to replenish the storage tanks also! Stay tuned!

20220222213802_1.jpg

• Like 2