Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

compass suggestion

Question

I believe someone already suggested a compass..   That would be an excellent addition, especially if it was included   on the map   with   n.s.e.w. references... as it is currently  easy to sail in circles.

My thoughts is that the compass could be crafted     via ..  1 ingot,  1 raw  glass,  any hammer and   a screwdriver.

If a tiny  floating  window  displaying the compass.. and  your  bearing appeared  in the  corner of  screen while  sailing  it   would be a  great help in  finding  your  way  home. This would  be linked to having a map,  of  course

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

An additional thought ..... when  map is opened, perhaps a  x or  something to indicate where you are on the map..??  just the island outline is not enough to help you get   your  bearings.

We also think that a compass is a really needed feature :D It would work as a sort of an off-hand item, so you will be able to hold a sword and still see the compass somewhere on the screen etc. You can expect this sometime after we get to Steam.

Before that we'd like to add the map improvements, that would show the world directions and the display dot where player is/where he's facing.

I've been using sharks that get stuck on my boat.  Unfortunately that has now stopped working that I have 3 sharks in different placement.  They quit turning to point south. <grin>

• Upvote 1