Hunter-Over-Fire

Item Variations

Question

Currently, Ylands has plenty of resources to work with, But some of them aren't quite realistic, or could be changed. Adding different variations of Materials could spark another generation of Items. I imagine something like Terraria, where you can make armor and weapons out of almost anything, especially the trees.

(1 : Wood)

Wood is first on the list. There are several variants of trees in Ylands, however, they all drop the same stuff. Adding new types of Wood to drop from each variant of tree would allow players to explore their creative side a little more in-depth, for there will be plenty of new blocks to come along with these new resources. Thinking of Terraria again, it would be nice to make various weapons and tools from each type of wood for convenience, and creative purposes.

(2 : Ammunition)

Currently, Ammunition is a bit lacking. We have Arrows, Bolts, Musket Balls, and Bullets. I'd like to see more variants of ammo, created from different resources. I'd like to see a difference between an Iron Musket Ball, and a Zirconium Musket Ball, Damage-Wise AND Function-Wise. The Higher-Tier Resources would essentially be-able to be crafted into more damaging and effective Ammos for ranged weapons.

Currently, that's all I have to say. It WOULD be nice to see this in-game, or atleast as a running idea in the Team's head.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

What an interesting idea! I haven't really played Terraria so I'm sort of comparing your suggestions to how Minecraft had their 1.7.2 update "The Update that Changed the World" which added different biomes and types of trees and each had their corresponding type of wood and then their own unique sets of blocks and items that can be crafted from them. I think it would definitely allow for greater creativity and provide an alternative to just using the Paintgun to recolour items.

I like the idea of the different ammunition as well in theory. Currently it is the weapon itself that influences the attack damage but it would be cool to have different ammo that has different effects like stun, frost damage, poison. This could be useful for fighting particular enemies which might have certain weaknesses etc. I do worry that this might over complicate combat though, and remove the need to craft higher end weapons if the ammunition provides the damage stats.

• Like 1