Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Destroyer of Worlds

This is a tribute. This is not the best game in the world, it is only a tribute. The best game in the world died horribly, because I did not have multiple saves. It died young, it was only terrain, but it blow up into a fractal nightmare and was lost. I tried to recreate my dream, before it was forgotten, but I kept having the same problem...

It's like this. You must have a water world. Without the "natural" ocean,  you cannot place sharks or any sea life. The problem is that  you cannot sculpt underwater terrain in the ocean. Make a cave, but the water won't flow in, the cave is dry. You need water logic, not the ocean. Water logic makes possible the underwater arches that you want to swim through. So, now you are up in  the sky somewhere, placing water logic and terrain, over a water world. . Everything was fine until I dug a little deeper, exposing more of the water logic. That's when disaster struck without my knowing. Later, in test play, the whole map was destroyed. I suspect cubic foot limits on water logic?

You can build a freestanding cube of water 50x45x50, which is to say, 45 units tall. This cube must have terrain underneath it. Maybe this is all just my graphics card.. anyone else have this problem? If I build that cube 50 tall instead of 45, it becomes broken crystal instead of water and terrain, it's all shards. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what you did wrong, sometimes the game just won't play at all, it stops loading and crashes.

Water logic size isn't limited to cubes, I haven't figured that out yet, I suspect it has more to do with "cubic feet" limits, but the terrain underpinning the water is very important, no underlying terrain causes big trouble. Aside from whatever you call that, tearing, I dunno, there is also another mysterious effect, where water logic is still water, you can sail on it, but it is either invisible or it is all diamond droplets, generally divided in big blocks, water, diamonds, invisible. Perhaps it is linked to terrain logic, I'm unsure.

Oh, and you can place endless water cubes side by side and have no problem, other than an irritating flash when you swim across the borders, so the limit seems to be on the size of each cube.

Edited by XXon

Hi,

maybe a feature "Regenerate ocean surface" is something which may be helpful for you. It will fill holes in the terrain. Water volumes are meant more for pools/lakes on the land.

regenerate ocean.PNG

Placing underwater animals is now quite limiting to ensure that AI will work correctly for them. You may try to place sharks in the safe spot first and then move them to more narrow places.

Houp

• Like 2

placingvegetation.PNG

Bonus note: you may check "Object brush tool" to quickly make natural underwater flora.

• Like 2