Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

Dev Diary #261 The places you go

Ahoy, fellow Ylanders!

Do you remember how we mentioned that we're experimenting with making sailing more fun and interesting?

You do? Well, today we're not going to talk about that! :) Don't worry though, we will get to that soon enough (as well as to other stuff like improved AI and much more). Today, however, instead of talking about getting somewhere, we'll talk about the place your ships take you. The actual ylands.

Even though we made some improvements to ylands in the past - be it their size or their shapes - there's still too little difference between them. Also, some areas look just way too ... ugly. And unrealistic. We feel that exploring shouldn't be only about finding cool random encounters but also interesting terrain features. Bays, lakes. Shallow water. Jagged rocks begging for a bridge to be built over. And much more...

And so one of the things we're working on for the upcoming update 1.12 is the improved terrain generator. We're pretty sure that this will make the exploration much more fun and we can't wait for you to provide us with pictures from your travels.

Until the next week - stay classy, Ylanders!

Untitled design.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

YESSS YESSS

Left-bottom image, make ship be able to sail in that "little lake" in the middle.

For example, the ylands formation we already have, with the 5 small ylands in a group, my ship with origial hull will not sail in the middle of all ylands, only in some parts.

Yes, to travel between ylands i use a boat, but sometimes i want sail out to go explore and i want to be able to sail trought these small lakes to the ocean and start my expedition to go pillage some maps.

Hope it makes sense. If not i can drop in discord some screenshots explaining it

The island on the right is the one I'm waiting to find. I'm getting all my resources together and ready to move to it as soon as it is available. When is 1.12 going to be released? I'm pretty psyched about this update. 🙂

Sandy