Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

Dev Diary #268 New Weather On the Edge

Ahoy Ylanders,

So, sailing to the edge of the map so you can travel to the next yland, is cool stuff, right? You can feel the adventure in your veins! Water splashing, the soundtrack playing all around, fish vibing, sun shining, and other cool Ylands stuff that we all love.

Maybe at first, but when it's your three hundred and forty-fifth sail to another yland it feels kinda pointless, and you are 100% right! So, we do what? We go and fix it! From the upcoming update, all you need is to be ready to steer your ship, and you are good to go.

But wait there is more! Quick question: What was the weather like when you arrived at a new location the last time? Let me guess, it was sunny! Did I get it right? I'm not trying to be 5head or anything but yea, I got it right. 😁 That's just how it is, but not for long! Starting with the next update, the weather and the daytime upon your arrival at a location will be random.

DD_268.png

"More dangerous? Probably. More fun? Definitely!"
- Horatio Reginald Elmwood

We thought that the adventure atmosphere would be way more tangible when you arrive at an unknown location during a night or a storm or, you know, both. Also, we like to think that all kinds of weather in the Ylands are quite beautiful so showing that off seemed like a good idea.

Anyway, that's it for today, wish you a great weekend, and let us know what you think about these changes in the comments!

Stay Classy.

• Like 7