MasonNasty

Crafting unlock bug

Question

Hello, after spending a long time gathering all the ingredients for the Zirconium rifle (those components were tricky!) I attempted to craft the weapon in the metallurgical furnace. However, despite having all the ingredients, I only have 4 items unlocked. Orchicalcum ingot, molten axe, mark 1 helm, heavy alien boots.

I don't understand the reasoning behind those specific unlocks as it comes off as arbitrary to me, as I've never held some of the items required. I've also read through your wiki page and couldn't find a clean answer.

Is this a bug? Why can't I craft the Zirconium rifle? What do I do to unlock this recipe and any others I run into issues with? I will no longer play this game until I understand what I'm doing and it makes sense. I can't afford to spend hours grinding a game simply on a whim.

ylands1.jpg

ylands2.jpg

Edited by MasonNasty

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Ylands has an interesting system where some item recipes unlock when you have the ingredients, and others only unlock at random when you visit encounters in the world. Some can also be linked to one specific encounter which can make it harder to obtain, the Zirconium rifle is one such item. I can't say for sure exactly which encounter it is linked to unfortunately but I would hazard a guess it's one somewhere in the Tundra region. Don't forget to visit underwater encounters too and I believe the Mystery Ylands can also unlock some recipes.

The crafting system is getting an overhaul in the next update in a few months, the devs have been working on making a proper crafting/tech tree so it is more intuitive on what you can craft and what you can unlock in the future.