Mr. Cheif

I lost my inventory

I was playing ylands a few days ago when my interent stopped working, and my ship sailed off of the map. Steam wasn't able to sync when I tried to restart the game once I got my internet working again. However, when I got back into the game, I was on the island that I had most recently died on, and the map was showing where I had gone, the effects of my activity were all there, etc., the only thing was my inventory was completely gone and there isn't even a chest on the map to show where it went. 

Is it possible that because I sailed off the map and then went offline without letting Steam sync that my inventory is completley unrecoverable and I'm back to square one with nothing?

First and most important thing to do is to send an in-game report to the devs using the feedback button in the pause menu, this also sends them your logs so that they can investigate what has happened. Nine times out of ten, these sort of connection issues can be resolved by the devs rolling back your progress to the nearest saved point before the error occurred.