Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

Dev Diary #318 You suggest, we listen

Ahoy Ylanders,

Let me start by saying that we love all feedback. Both positive and negative. One of the things that makes us happy is reading your suggestions on what to add to the game, how to balance it, and how to make it better. And we get tons of suggestions and ideas every day from you.

How we collect feedback
Every month or so I go through every site we have (Forum, Steam, Discord, social media, ...) and write down in a huge multipage table what people suggested and how many people want that idea in the game. Then we talk about the most wanted or just generally very creative ideas at a meeting. We discuss how we could implement them, what would it change and how long would it take.

The process of getting your idea into the game is not simple. For every Update, we have a list of features that should be added and bugs that should be fixed. So after we talk about your suggestion in a meeting, we try to figure out which Update it would fit in. Generally, it should go with something similar. Example: Many people wanted to see ghost pirates in the game and we needed some more Random Encounters for Temperate Region et viola! 

So please note how much work and time goes into getting just one idea in the game. And we have collected hundreds of ideas from you. 
With the process out of the way let's talk about some ideas that already made it into the game!

You suggested adding a utility belt, a backpack with more slots in inventory, an ammo pouch, or more containers.

Done! We expanded all containers greatly. We have added an ammo pouch. We have added the much-requested lunch box!
One thing we cannot do however is add slots to the inventory, imagine the mess it would create. You wouldn't see the icons properly, we would have to make all the buttons smaller and add a scroll bar in the inventory. Overall this change doesn't seem effective to us. We are always thinking about how to make your traveling luggage lighter though! So I am sure we will come up with something to make you even more content in the future. 

Tech-tree

Tech-tree is something that was suggested many times over many years. And from the first time we read the idea - we agreed! After many months of discussions and work the Tech-tree is now a reality.

Blank book/ folder to add notes in

Done! We added a folder for all your various notes. One suggestion we get a lot is adding a book you could write in. While it is a great idea it is also very complex since it would require a custom UI screen. 

Chickens

Just one word for you - Takahe.

Other things you wanted and we added:

Custom Editor tools
Running
Auto-sort in inventory

In case you want to know more about what can or cannot be implemented in the game read our Community Corner: here

Thank you again for motivating us to make the game better.

Stay Classy!

DD_318_Steam_1920x1080_01.jpg

• Like 4

I think I was the only person that hammered on about the lunchbox constantly....but yay! You finally got worn down! I guess I'm a pest. And look how happy people are now!

• Haha 1