Berzeger

A possible problem with Avast antivirus

Question

Hello everyone!

We're seeing an issue with our game launcher that makes it fail for a fraction of users with an error saying "Deleting directory 'C:/Program Files/Ylands/Launcher/../tmp' failed."

After some investigation, we believe this issue might be connected to Avast antivirus. If you experience this problem, try to disable your antivirus before launching the launcher. More advanced users might want to just add C:\Program Files\Ylands (or whichever path you installed the game to) to the exclusion list. We'll look into this issue ASAP in the meantime.

Thanks for understanding.

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hello, I am getting the same error, however, I am not using Avast antivirus but a different one.

Disabling my antivirus program and/or adding the offending directory to the exceptions list doesn't make the error go away.

The game worked fine until I tried to play Yland 17 when it crashed. After that the error started to appear.

[edit]

To clarify: I just added ./Ylands/Launcher/ to the exception list because I couldn't find a directory or file called 'tmp' anywhere in any of the subdirectories of that directory.

Edited by rhialto

We managed to find the root cause of the issue and it should be fixed in the following update. :)