Sign in to follow this  
CoolPrius

DEV ANSWER block placing glitch

Question

So i pick up a block like normal and then go into place mode. The first time i go into place mode i cant see the building grid and it doesn't line up to things and then when i place it down it copies it into where i just placed it and lets me pick up the block again. Once I pick up the block again and go back into placing mode it works fine but the copied block stays there. 

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

I think the root of this all is actually one bug that we are already aware of.

If you pick a building block, the game should switch automatically to grid building mode - but because of the bug, it doesn't. The workaround is, if you pick a building block, to switch to another item in the hotbar and back - this way you should be able to place the item.

What you probably did while you experienced this bug is that you pressed V and entered free placing mode - this way you can place even building blocks outside the grid but it is important to note that block placed in this mode never "harden" and can be picked up any time later.

If this isn't your issue, feel free to elaborate a bit more on what you are doing, thanks! :). 

• Upvote 1