Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

New updates mean more animals and challenges!

I have  been on my  new  explore Yland  for  4 days  now and have yet to  do a circuit of it!   This  is because  of the challenge of  more animals  ..packs of   bears  wolves and pumas!O.o

I have  loaded  my respawn area  with  containers of  spears    etc ..   and  i am sure glad  i did!  After i finish  eating my   lunch   i  have to go back in and got to were i was last " ruthlessly slain by a brown bear" ....actually   i ran into  3 of them and a pack of wolves .. at least    2 wolves ..so going to have a real  battle recovering my  things.  I was in  the process of dispatching a bear  when i noticed another bear..."bear hugging" a tree  ...it was halfway up the  trunk, but  unfortunately a screenshot was not possible  as 4 wolves  jumped out of  nowhere at me ..i got   two  with the crossbow   in  3  shots and as i was replacing  my crossbow   with a spear for  close up  fighting...  the  bears   hit  me from behind. 

Yes .. the game  is   really  challenging!^_^

I now have 2 bear skins for  bear skin coatsxD   With just  my  back up  stone spear i managed to defeat a pack of   5 wolves ...    by stealth and surprise. The wolves will attack from a long way off, and its best to stand and  fight  with a spear as they will chase you back to your base...  and  they can easily   outrun you.

I lured the  bear away from my corpse....( he was waiting for me there)  and  escaped  by swimming ..but nearly  became  shark bait.  I crept back to my gravesite and  recovered my crossbow and   bolts... and  got the bear  from long  range, waiting at the shoreline  where i  dived in.

Its now a really  challenging  game,  and you need to use cunning and  stealth ..

:D

I've already had some disasters :D
I usually go before looking forward to where the trees are. As soon as I hear any sound, I look for the tree or object to get me over. They make a little noise before moving toward you.
On bad weather days, it's good to have extra attention to the sound.

Walking around trees also helps, take logs and make loud enough to solve the problem.

I sailed to the first unknown island with my ship and had to make a boat and two rafts to be able to retrieve my ship :DI knew you will like to start a new one ;) 

Also if you see sharks waiting at the shoreline,  you   know  there's  land based predators  nearby and the sharks are  blocking an escape  route!

I wish i could have  got  that screenshot of the bear hugging a tree halfway up its trunk!xD

If you move slowly  you can see the bears  stand and sniff the air... looking for your scent.  The only  attack if you  get too close. Wolves react to sound and will attack  as soon as they spot you ..if a wolf sees you,  fight it with a spear as a crossbow/bow  doesn't  reload  quick enough. Only use a crossbow  on a wolf if its a long way away and  sleeping - it will stand.... hit it at leas 3 times with an arrow before it  turns to  face you ... if it sees you and if you are too close, it will  rush you.

I had a pesky  goat keep walking between me and a bear target ... the bear   then rushed me from behind the goat.:S

wow.... predators  everywhere...    was attacked  simultaneously  by  3  wolves     came back after respawn with  crossbow and  dispatched 2 from a distance..and    fended off the 3rd  at close range with a sabre    then  had a  puma  arrive ..and   again hand to hand  combat ... was bout to  claim the  wolf skins and  noticed a tail behind a rock ..another puma was waiting  near the 2  wolf  corpses!   moved  around   and for m a distance  finished  him  with the crossbow.  was then    walking home  with all my   booty etc  and  suddenly   fell through the earth ...   games  hung  ..i cannot   get to the surface ... stuck    all commands  not working.

My  score  until then was  about   15  wolves  6  bears   5  pumas....   and i  could still hear    distant   cries  in the  hills i had not  yet explored!