Vonnie406

building - i can't work out how to build a structure!

Hey, new to game today

I've worked out how to cut down a tree and get logs, i can't work out how i can use these logs to build a house.....looking online as I see workworker's bench but that's no longer in the game.....confused!  And even if it still existed, you'd need a saw, which you make in a forge, which you need a wooden beam for, and to make that you need a saw........

bit frustrated

26 minutes ago, Vonnie406 said:

Hey, new to game today

I've worked out how to cut down a tree and get logs, i can't work out how i can use these logs to build a house.....looking online as I see workworker's bench but that's no longer in the game.....confused!  And even if it still existed, you'd need a saw, which you make in a forge, which you need a wooden beam for, and to make that you need a saw........

bit frustrated

i'd like to edit this post but don't seem able to...not having a good day haha.  Forget the bit about needing a wooden beam for the forge.  Still don't understand how to take the logs and make a structure though

You can place the logs when you have them selected in your hotbar or using free place mode by pressing the V key.

No, it's not as easy as Minecraft blocks but you can be way more creative in what you can make.

There are a number of different building blocks that you can make using materials such as clay, marble chunks, stone chunks, sandstone chunks as well as hay!

For marble, stone and sandstone blocks you need a chisel and a hammer.

For brick blocks you need to use clay inside of a Kiln workstation.

Edited by handofthesly

image.thumb.png.d024c8ea1e36372ccf2c7fbee3f9efcb.png

Here's the section in the Codex for placing objects. This can be viewed by pressing F1 while in game or through the Pause Menu

thanks very much folks,  I can now place logs :).  No idea how you make planks or blocks, but i'll keep playing and work it out.  I had no idea about the codex thing, i'll have a better look at that, thanks again :)