Ximlee

Wind Indicators?

So I'm trying to sail a ship but when I place down a wind indicator it always just aligns with the ship instead of with the wind, is this a bug?

It always  seems to   face the same  direction...no matter what direction the wind is  from ¬¬  It  does't  really  mater, its  just something the   ship needs in order to function...    Mine is placed on an  extension at the stern ...and  that's all you need to  do,  apparently. 

On 12/8/2017 at 1:22 PM, kimbuck said:

It always  seems to   face the same  direction...no matter what direction the wind is  from ¬¬  It  does't  really  mater, its  just something the   ship needs in order to function...    Mine is placed on an  extension at the stern ...and  that's all you need to  do,  apparently. 

None of my ships I currently use have a wind indicatior and they work just fine. I don't think it is needed for the ship to function. I have it on another ship and I am always in the wind anyway so I just left them out on my other ships. 

Edited by Dustin Michael
  • Thanks 1

I think the wind indicator is still being worked on and doesn’t actually function yet. More for looks right now than anything, and not necessary anymore as of 0.6 to build a functional ship.