Hellrocker34

Rucksacks??

How does one make bags that your character can equip?? I can see the logo in the inventory area, I just don't know what you can make to go in it?

I have been playing quite awhile now and I didn't see any bags like you descript in this version (0.6.42044) except for propeller pack and little things like pouch for herbs, potion, seed, dirt, coal, pigment, etc that you can carry in your inventory. They pretty helpful for collector :)

There are no backpacks in the game for now :) 

On 12/10/2017 at 3:18 AM, Ane said:

There are no backpacks in the game for now :) 

I was SOOO hoping this was not the case :( soon right Ane... soon?

On 12/9/2017 at 11:26 PM, Velocifer said:

I have been playing quite awhile now and I didn't see any bags like you descript in this version (0.6.42044) except for propeller pack and little things like pouch for herbs, potion, seed, dirt, coal, pigment, etc that you can carry in your inventory. They pretty helpful for collector :)

Totally agree!!! I "discovered" these last night... they are SOOOO helpful for inventory management!  make them as soon as you can... So far I have found: coal bucket, herb bag, seed box, and dirt container... any more available that I have not unlocked yet?  A wood container perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Lupowop said:

any more available that I have not unlocked yet?

get kiln running, there are couple useful one :)

5 hours ago, Lupowop said:

So far I have found: coal bucket, herb bag, seed box, and dirt container... any more available that I have not unlocked yet?  A wood container perhaps? 

@Velociferis right, by your list it sounds like you're primarily missing the ones that are made out of glass. From memory, I think you're missing the one for potions, the one for seashells and the one for pigments / dyes. No wood container yet as far as I can tell. There's also a keyring that predictably acts as a container for keys, that I think is made at the forge.

Edited by vforventura

19 hours ago, vforventura said:

@Velociferis right, by your list it sounds like you're primarily missing the ones that are made out of glass. From memory, I think you're missing the one for potions, the one for seashells and the one for pigments / dyes. No wood container yet as far as I can tell. There's also a keyring that predictably acts as a container for keys, that I think is made at the forge.

@vforventura I had totally forgotten about those because I keep those in storage whereas I carry the others around.  I do have the glass ones as well.  I can make the keyring as well but haven't bothered to make the locksmith bench yet as I am assuming that's for multiplayer primarily?  If I need to make it for progression let me know and I'll work on that tonight :)

Thanks for the reply!  

1 hour ago, Lupowop said:

@vforventura I had totally forgotten about those because I keep those in storage whereas I carry the others around.  I do have the glass ones as well.  I can make the keyring as well but haven't bothered to make the locksmith bench yet as I am assuming that's for multiplayer primarily?  If I need to make it for progression let me know and I'll work on that tonight :)

Thanks for the reply!  

Oh the locksmith bench has a bunch of nifty stuff. Primarily firearms-related stuff, but also the powered mining drill which is really neat, but it requires a ylandium charging station to recharge its power. I'm sure there are others, think of it more like as a tinkerer work station, its not just about keys and locks but delicate mechanical work in general.

3 minutes ago, vforventura said:

Oh the locksmith bench has a bunch of nifty stuff. Primarily firearms-related stuff, but also the powered mining drill which is really neat, but it requires a ylandium charging station to recharge its power. I'm sure there are others, think of it more like as a tinkerer work station, its not just about keys and locks but delicate mechanical work in general.

oh heck ya... I'm all over it... hadn't even thought of guns... i know I need sulfur and saltpeter to get gunpowder (I assume) but my Yland has nothing so I'm preparing for exploration.  I have found a cave with some mutated hyenas and I assume thats where ylandium comes from.  i still need to unlock the soldering iron and various other doodads to progress (i think).  I'm getting there but so far I'm really enjoying just putzing around and watching my little starter spot grow bigger and bigger every day.  I do wish I had some lights though... cave mushrooms only illuminate so much :)

15 minutes ago, Lupowop said:

oh heck ya... I'm all over it... hadn't even thought of guns... i know I need sulfur and saltpeter to get gunpowder (I assume) but my Yland has nothing so I'm preparing for exploration.  I have found a cave with some mutated hyenas and I assume thats where ylandium comes from.  i still need to unlock the soldering iron and various other doodads to progress (i think).  I'm getting there but so far I'm really enjoying just putzing around and watching my little starter spot grow bigger and bigger every day.  I do wish I had some lights though... cave mushrooms only illuminate so much :)

For lighting, you can make lanterns fairly early (glass + iron crafted in inventory if I recall) that never go out and are pretty bright. Those can either be carried or free-placed. Alternately there are ylandium crystal torches, cave crystals, and a whole bunch of various electric lamps and things of that nature unlocked thru the kiln -> glass -> lightbulb with components made in the energy workbench. Those require some power source tho (I recommend the hassle free, cheap and clean Wind Turbines, they don't even require ylandium).

You might be missing the glassbower pipe from the blacksmith forge to unlock the lightbulb and the entire line of energy-based lights and such.

Edited by vforventura
Clarification