Sign in to follow this  
Emptyy

RESOLVED [YLD-7959] Dyeing Stand and Character Bug

Question

I wanted to add screenshots, but my save file is corrupted or something now and I had to start over.

First, the dye stand:

I was messing around with colors just to see what was possible to dye.  I changed the color of charcoal to white and the color of copper bars to a blue color, however I didn't have the materials to actually dye the item.  Again, I was just messing around.  However, once I did this the color of the charcoal icon in the kiln was white.  When I went to the furnace the copper bar icons were blue. 

Second, the character bug:

I've had some horrible luck on my new start and died a few times, not a big deal, however the result is strange.  Each new character I chose Head 1, Face 3 (or 4)?  It is the larger face with a big mustache.  Whenever I exit the game and relaunch, it defaults to head 1, face 1.  So the only way to maintain the appearance I want for this character is to not die and leave the game running.

Both of these aren't game breaking and are really not a big deal for my play through, however they are bugs and I wanted to point them out.  Regardless, I love the game, keep up the great work!

TLDR:
Dye stand changes icon colors.
Character appearance changes when I exit and relaunch the game.

Ylands_171210_004420.png

Ylands_171210_004446.png

Ylands_171210_004631.png

Ylands_171210_004701.png

Ylands_171210_004752.png

Ylands_171210_004833.png

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I wasn't able to edit my post, so I am posting screenshots here.  I was able to access the save file today, which is awesome.  This is the results of the dyeing stand.

The screenshots show, in order:

• Icons before using the dyeing stand.
  • Accessing the dye stand, changing the color (I don't have mats so I can't actually dye anything).
  • Icons after using the dye stand.

Ylands_171210_004420.thumb.png.a2994d74b531be00ef35f62e5a79a1f2.pngYlands_171210_004446.thumb.png.950ee8aeac0b2ffc2ceba189f5908132.pngYlands_171210_004631.thumb.png.358fa2522cb13196fda152df1fe6ff2a.pngYlands_171210_004701.thumb.png.a655dc1870c622e048c0b1fde24ac162.pngYlands_171210_004752.thumb.png.03b3ce65f3fc284ea2ec56d9e665f62c.pngYlands_171210_004833.thumb.png.9dc733cb6cc1be9bbd66d874308be2af.png

::EDIT::

Something strange I noticed with trying to replicate this.  The icons in the kiln/furnace don't change if something is in your 10th (last) slot or if you have something selected that is in your last slot.  You can see in the screenshots the last item changes a couple of times.  Forgot to add this with the post.

Edited by Emptyy
Updating information on the post
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Emptyy said:

Second, the character bug:

I've had some horrible luck on my new start and died a few times, not a big deal, however the result is strange.  Each new character I chose Head 1, Face 3 (or 4)?  It is the larger face with a big mustache.  Whenever I exit the game and relaunch, it defaults to head 1, face 1.  So the only way to maintain the appearance I want for this character is to not die and leave the game running.

So you start with a character, you die, it's the same character. But when you quit the game and run the game again the character changes. Is that correct?

Please, if it happens again, send us the following files: output_log and output_log_clean (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory)

2 minutes ago, Ane said:

So you start with a character, you die, it's the same character. But when you quit the game and run the game again the character changes. Is that correct?

Please, if it happens again, send us the following files: output_log and output_log_clean (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory)

Yes, that is correct.  I'll play more tomorrow and send the information right away.

• Thanks 1

Earlier I loaded my old save, the one I thought was previously corrupted.  It was behaving strangely and I would randomly not be able to interact with objects, equip things, drop items, etc. So I decided to erase that save.  After that I attempted to recreate the character bug described here.  I have tried numerous times and I cannot replicate it.  The only thing I changed was deleting that old save, so I don't know if that was some how causing this, but it seems to be working as intended.

I'll update if anything changes.

• Upvote 1

This has been fixed and will appear as fixed in one of the future updates.