Sign in to follow this  
blfonsworth

RESOLVED Teleporting Ship to Ship

Question

Not sure if a bug or working as intended.

In local hosted game. Single player that has been opened up to multiplayer. This involves having 2 large ships in different locations.

Ship A is anchored off starter island. Ship B is anchored elsewhere (at 2nd island, north of starter island, different biome)

If someone joins the game and swims out to Ship A, anchored off starter Island, climb ladder, they are teleported to Ship B. We used this method repeatedly last night. I was hosting the game and never tried it myself.

How we stumbled upon it:

I was hosting a game and another friend was playing with me. A 3rd player joined us and we got on Ship A and sailed it back to the starter Island. I decided to leave it there because it was slow and we made a raft and went back to Island 2 and built a 2nd Large ship hull (Ship B). Later on a 4th player joined, he was brand new, just downloaded the game. While we were debating how we would get him to us on the 2nd island he swam out to Ship A (anchored at starter island) and climbed up the ladder. It put him on the deck of Ship B, anchored in the lagoon in front of our new base on Island 2.

We had a 5th and a 6th player join who repeated this process to get to us.

Idk if this is a bug or if this is supposed to work like this. If it's supposed to work like this, if we build a 3rd large ship.. or even the regular ship, will they override each other and make it stop working? If not, I'll leave the 2 where they are and build a 3rd to roam the map.

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

4 minutes ago, blfonsworth said:

Not sure if a bug or working as intended.

In local hosted game. Single player that has been opened up to multiplayer. This involves having 2 large ships in different locations.

Ship A is anchored off starter island. Ship B is anchored elsewhere (at 2nd island, north of starter island, different biome)

If someone joins the game and swims out to Ship A, anchored off starter Island, climb ladder, they are teleported to Ship B. We used this method repeatedly last night. I was hosting the game and never tried it myself.

How we stumbled upon it:

I was hosting a game and another friend was playing with me. A 3rd player joined us and we got on Ship A and sailed it back to the starter Island. I decided to leave it there because it was slow and we made a raft and went back to Island 2 and built a 2nd Large ship hull (Ship B). Later on a 4th player joined, he was brand new, just downloaded the game. While we were debating how we would get him to us on the 2nd island he swam out to Ship A (anchored at starter island) and climbed up the ladder. It put him on the deck of Ship B, anchored in the lagoon in front of our new base on Island 2.

We had a 5th and a 6th player join who repeated this process to get to us.

Idk if this is a bug or if this is supposed to work like this. If it's supposed to work like this, if we build a 3rd large ship.. or even the regular ship, will they override each other and make it stop working? If not, I'll leave the 2 where they are and build a 3rd to roam the map.

Certainly not meant to work like this, certainly a bug - but certainly handy!

I sure wish they could add a teleport system to the game (besides the randomly generated one)!

I think one could be made in the editor, but not on an explore mode because it does not allow you to edit game logic objects for explore mode :(

Two in game build-able items would be ideal.

Teleport Pad Sender and Teleport Pad Receiver - place the sender at the new player spawn, place the receiver elsewhere, even make them password protected or something neat!