Ane

[OBSOLETE] How to: the dedicated servers

1 hour ago, Berzeger said:

I'm very sorry for the issue. That's a mistake on our part - the Server Monitor application should not need Direct3D in order to properly run. We'll try to fix it in the next update.

Could this be related to the higher than normal CPU usage of the Server Monitor application? Some users are reporting twice the CPU usage from the monitor, as there is from the server - 50% monitor and 25% server. It seems like it should really be the other way around!

This is the first time I hear about such high CPU usage from the monitor. We will look into it, thanks!

// EDIT: Actually, could you please send us output_log from ServerMonitor_Data folder, if or when you bump into the CPU usage issue? That would help us a lot.

6 hours ago, Berzeger said:

This is the first time I hear about such high CPU usage from the monitor. We will look into it, thanks!

// EDIT: Actually, could you please send us output_log from ServerMonitor_Data folder, if or when you bump into the CPU usage issue? That would help us a lot.

I haven't encountered it myself, however, I have added it to the list of dedicated server issues in THIS thread, where I am keeping some track of the issues (updating the original post when I see them).

A user Perpetucake posted on that thread with the logs when they encountered it, and WijkagentAdrie can likely post some as he encountered and posted about it originally on that same thread.

There is some other dedicated server issues in the original post that may be worth referring to as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for the links. :) With the amount of feedback we've been getting lately, it's harder to keep track of it all. :) 

My brand new top spec server suffers from the same problem as well, at the moment it's running between 50 and 80% CPU on the monitor and less than 10% on Ylands. The logs for the other bug are from the server so they should contain the same error, see bottom of this post.

Also I start to notice that the same bugs keep getting reported all the time, partly due to bugs being described different, topic titles not explaining what's going on etc., which is a shame since there are definitely some bugs out there that are limiting playability and should be top priority. Maybe we could have a bug tracker like on Dayz?

Adrie

On 18-6-2017 at 8:02 PM, WijkagentAdrie said:

Our latest server save got corrupted in a new way, it won't load in the server :( I've tried to send the save to my own PC but I can't even open it in single player either. The server froze like it does all the time, yet it won't load this map anymore. Making a new map or loading another map works.

Adrie

ADRIE'S_SERVER!_24_7,_ACTIVE_ADMIN,_SEE_FORUMTOPIC.rar

output_log MONITOR.txt

output_log SERVER.txt

Edited by WijkagentAdrie

But where is the server config file? How do you set the name for the server as it appears online? Server Monitor doesn't do this.

43 minutes ago, Agustin18 said:

¡Hola! ¿Esta guía aún sirve?
y ¿cómo se hace para hacer un corte 24/7 de esta misma manera?

No, la guía está obsoleta.

Ahora mismo no es posible para los jugadores hostear sus propios servidores. Estamos trabajando en ello para que esté disponible lo antes posible.