Sign in to follow this  
incaptus3

¿Host a Lan server?

Hi everyone :)

I want to ask if is possible host a LAN server. A friend will come tomorrow to my house and we want to play together :)  If you can share a guide or a metod please.

Before ask i look in the search but cant find anyting :( 

Do you mean you two playing in the same machine? I'm afraid there's no split screen or anything like that.

Hi

My sons play networked all the time. They just click Multiplayer from within a single player game and publish it with a password and noting the name of the game. The other player then opens multiplayer from the first menu and finds the game, then joins.

Alternatively you can create a multiplayer game from the word go and join in a similar fashion.

Regards

• Upvote 1

If you have multiple people playing in the same building on the same network they should all be able to go into the multiplayer menu and see your server if you published it. I dont think there's a way to only show your server to people on your LAN since multiplayer goes through Steam

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ane said:

Do you mean you two playing in the same machine? I'm afraid there's no split screen or anything like that.

I mean play with a multiple machines in the same network conection, like the old games in a cybercoffe. If is possible to open a Lan party.
This is because my inthernet is unnestable, so play in a server take  a lot of problems, because that is why a prefer to play in lan with my friends, in the same house of course.

UPDATE:

Today i play with my friends in my house. Because we think what a lan server was impossible, we ust open a normal server in a pc. After that the internet connection has been lost (i live in a countryside, so the internet go and way any time, not a stable conecction), so the server never shoot down, so with that we find wath the LAN server works with out a special mention to it.
Tanks to all for the answers.
Good travels ylanders.