Duck L'Orange

RESOLVED After respawning, can't open containers

Question

While exploring a very deep cave in Single Player Explore, I was mauled to death by a Mutant Alpha Leopard.  I respawned fairly near my base of operations (on the same island) and wandered over, only to find I couldn't interact with any containers or equipment. Chests would show the animation of opening but no Interface. I was able to pick cotton and other resources from the area. I was also able to raise/lower the anchor of my nearby boat, but those seemed to be the only actions I could take - I couldn't even feed my poor horse!

I exited the game and loaded it again, with no change. Deciding that perhaps this incarnation of my character was bugged in some way, I opted to feed this fellow to the sharks and see if another respawn had better luck. I took off swimming away from my base, and after getting a fair distance into the somehow-shark-free waters, the interface for the most recent chest I attempted to open popped up on my screen, and immediately closed again.

I swam back, tried to open the chest, same problem - animates opening but I get no interface. So I took off wandering across the island, and again after getting maybe 100-200m away from the chest, the interface briefly popped up on my screen and disappeared again.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue and if so, can it be resolved?  I've started a new game, but honestly I was really enjoying the huge amount of spelunking this island offered and I'd hate to lose it.

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Try killing your horse, that should revert things back to normal.

• Haha 1

I know it sounds bad, but it proved to be effective in the past :P

I can confirm that this just happened to me on multiplayer aswell. My friend (host) couldn't open any containers, and I was not able to connect to the server. (it was stuck on 100% all the time). After she killed both of our horses, game got fixed

• Upvote 1

Yes, I have just had the same experience and killing my horses seemed to work except my issue seemed to have arisen after having a raft bug out on me first. I've made a separate post for mine.

Edited by handofthesly
  • Upvote 1