paulsoaresjr

Horse keeps bucking me off

How good friends are you with the horse? :)

The friendlier, the less chance there is for him to buck you off! Did you already get to the point where you have to name him? If not, keep feeding him until you do, in that case he should be friendly enough to behave :)

Are they supposed to stop bucking me off when they're named? I have to hold SPACE really often so they do not tumble me of the saddle. O.o

PS: You are that big MC lets player, aren't you? :) Nice Ylands video!

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
post scriptum added

Mm, once they are very loyal they shouldn't be trying to kick you :/ 

We'll check it out!

I always feed them a lot of berries so I can name them but I use (ride) horses rarely. Could that be it? That I can name even not so loyal horse?

Well, after naming them you should ride them for a while (like an hour?) so that they become super friendly! 

Our horses are demanding, just some berries are not enough for them! :P 

• Upvote 1

He's definitely named and tame but that didn't stop him from tossing me! :P

So we have to keep riding to make them less wild? But that could be a lot of deaths! Is there a way to land softer? Does armor mitigate fall damage? Can I stop the bucking? I wouldn't mind the training so much if I didn't have to reorganize after dying...

Miguel, does SPACE stop the horse from throwing you? It seems like once he gets into this routine there's no stopping him! And yeah, I've done some Minecraft :)

15 hours ago, paulsoaresjr said:

He's definitely named and tame but that didn't stop him from tossing me! :P

So we have to keep riding to make them less wild? But that could be a lot of deaths! Is there a way to land softer? Does armor mitigate fall damage? Can I stop the bucking? I wouldn't mind the training so much if I didn't have to reorganize after dying...

Miguel, does SPACE stop the horse from throwing you? It seems like once he gets into this routine there's no stopping him! And yeah, I've done some Minecraft :)

Yes, if you keep riding him he'll become loyal, and then he shouldn't back you off. But dying immediately after falling from the horse is definitely an issue, so we'll fix that :) 

This tends to happen, in my playing experience, when the horse gets stuck (clipping/collision issues?) or hung up on terrain or world object.  I've not had this happen when just riding around unobstructed, but has happened many times if the horse gets hung up or stuck.

Edited by ConsoleContempt

The other issue is that once the horse starts bucking you can't dismount to avoid being bucked-off & killed or severely injured.  At least I've had no luck dismounting before being killed/injured.  

Edited by ConsoleContempt

I've had the same issue (bucking once tamed and being insta-killed upon falling off during bucking) but I can confirm that if space key is held during you won't be thrown off.

P.S.: My daughter named her horse "Brownie", she asked me to tell everyone.xD

• Upvote 4