commanderwarzone

Ylands starts up, But won't open it's window.

Question

Upon startup of Ylands through steam, The icon will go to the system tray. After a few seconds, I'll be able to select the icon and hear some ambient ocean sounds and music, But the window remains gone. Whenever I press ALT+Enter, The window reverts to a 0x0 square on the top right of my monitor. In the config files, The Window size and resolution are always Defaulted to 0 x 0, Regardless of any changes I save to the file. Are there any other strategies I can try to get it going?

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have solved this.

I opened the "Display Settings" on the Windows Desktop. I then changed my resolution to another setting. At that point Ylands opened successfully and continued working when I changed the resolution back to my previous default.

Overall, the problem was related to the Windows 10 update, not as a result of anything wrong with Ylands.

1 hour ago, Velocifer said:

Hey, I saw

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at UnityEngine.Display.RecreateDisplayList (System.IntPtr[] nativeDisplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

in your output logs, it could caused by "scaling" problem. Since you're using laptop with dual graphic cards, there is 2 things you need to look at,

1. Go to Nvidia Control Panel, then click on Adjust desktop size and position page, change "Aspect ratio" to "No Scaling".
  2. Go to Intel Graphic Control Panel, then change 'scaling' options to "Maintain Aspect Ratio".

Remember to save changes after changing in every Control Panel.

Hope it helps, Have fun!

Basically same thing I saw in output log. Can you guys try to locate "scaling" option in Control Panels mentioned above?

I have the same issue. After purchasing Ylands on 12/9, it worked fine for me for several days, but starting on Thursday, 12/14 it no longer opens. As commanderwarzone describes, launching Ylands from Steam (or directly from it's icon using file explorer) causes the icon to appear on the taskbar and the music to start to play, but the window never opens. My output_log also describes the window size as being 0 x 0.  

I have no idea if this is connected, but the problems began after I restarted my computer and had a large Windows X update installed. However, other Steam games still open normally.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 1

This error is still continuing. I have also tried the suggestion below:

On 12/14/2017 at 4:37 AM, Berzeger said:

Hi, in order to delete your saved configuration, first go to Steam\userdata\<your_steam_id>\298610\local\ and delete Ylands.ini.

Next, open registry editor (WIN + R -> regedit), navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive and delete key Ylands.

That will reset your game to the default configuration.

However, this did not work. 

Edited by NervaServilius
  • Upvote 1

Did you tried to "read only" the .ini file in properties? this isn't happend to me so I can't try, but hope it helps.

Edited by Velocifer

Can you guys try what NervaServilius suggested? (thanks for coming back to post your solution :))