ColdSpiral

DEV ANSWER Built logs despawn in water?

Question

I've only just picked up Ylands so I don't know if this is an established or well-known issue, or even a feature, but I had a look through the other posts and didn't see anything similar.

I'm trying to build a house on stilts on (over) the beach. I get some logs and place them vertically in the water, sunk one block into the sand, then rows of horizontal logs for bearers across the tops. I go to get more timber from some trees only a few metres away; when I return one of the posts is gone. I assume I missed it, and am replacing it when a bearer disappears, this time while I'm watching.

Are the logs being damaged by the water? Is the sand the problem? Or is this just a bug?

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

this indeed sounds like some bug we are not currently aware of. Can I ask you to send us your save game or a screenshot where the post can be seen before it disappears so that we can try to replicate that behavior?

Thanks a lot!

Ales

Hi Ales, 

Thanks for responding. My save is attached, but only after the first logs had vanished.  They were on the mid right-hand side of the design (more a jetty than a house at this point :p) - it was symmetrical. Very shortly after loading I find the other middle-right pair (the replacements) vanish, and in a couple more minutes, just before nightfall, the frontmost post on the right also disappears. It only seems to be the right-hand side at this point; is there a chunk boundary or other similar there, maybe?

Hope this helps!

ColdSpiral.

DISTURBING_PLATYPUSLAND.ylandsgame

Edited by ColdSpiral
duplicate upload

Thanks a lot, we will take a look it as soon as possible.

All the best in 2016! 

Ales