Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Horrible performance, stuttering, low FPS, is this my system??

Question

Hi,

I have Windows 7 64bit, 8GB memory and ATI Radeon 6850 (1GB) VGA (2048x1152 - changing resolution makes little difference, around 2FPS, so I do not mentioned it). I'm not sure, but earlier versions of the game felt smoother for me - and I was playing on Ultra or High settings.
Latest version, last games star usually arounf 40FPS (which is pretty much standart for every game GTA V, for example gives my 30). After hour of play or loading already explored game with some buildings of ships... game slows down to 10-15FPS... I set my Radeon to "Fast Performance" - turning everything off and set the game to low, except dynamic weather and foilage (I find it the most important). This is changing LITERALLY NOTHING! So, I tried a new trick and set everything to Ultra and set Radeon to Best Image Quality. I was amazed, but it changer NOTHING. Game on LOW settings and ULTRA (with VGA settings accordingly changed) make no difference at all.

Secont thing I did was turning of dynamic foliage and weather. Your FPS counter shows 30FPS, game's a bit faster, but "feel" is still the same - really BAAAD. I realised that the biggest problem is not average FPS, but stuttering once or twice every second. So, even if my game is smooth as for my usual performance (~25FPS), game feels like 12FPS.

I have three questions:
1) Is my system so bad, that Ylands cannot stand it, thought most modern games on High Settings, like: GTA IV, V, Total War Series, Warthunder (Ultra Settings - 30FPS or more) even Watchdogs are "playable" (around 25FPS)? I understand that Unity isn't the best performance focused engine, but are you planning to optimize the game more? Many people on YT (Keralis and some othe Ylands lovers) report that pre-alpha Ylands was much faster than version released on Steam.

2) I know I can edit INI file to change graphis settings, but are there any command lines, allowing me to change graphical settings? Like antialiasing, blooming, etc.?

3) I realised, which is obvious, I think, that Ylands map you see is downloaded from HDD during gameplay. I will try to defrag Ylands files, I do not have very fast HDD, maybe this is the problem? 

I'm sure my game is crashing after download, because I've built big ship with hundreds of briks lately... I'm not sure, I can be wrong, but when I was reading my game logs - there was many lines: "removing unused assets to free memorey", "removing objects to free memory". It this a bug? 8GB of memory isn't much in our times. I know, I have problem with VRAM ( I was sure I have 2GB), but I have only 1GB of VRAM at all. 

What to do?? And If my system is so bad, new graphic card with 4GB onboard, will help me?

With Best Regards,

Bartosz

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion