Marco Oliveira

Fishing for Rare and even Legendary Fish on the High Seas

Question

One of the experiences that could be even better offshore, would be the hunting of rare fish (sharks, squids, exotic fish), but not only fish but even mythical creatures in the form of Boss (Merfolk, Sirens, Craken Lake Monsters Ness etc ...) using utensils like harpoon and fishing nets on the ship, or even having to dive and using harpoons like crossbow but underwater.

Capture modes could vary among tiers of Mobs types, for example:

Tier Rare Fish: Seahorse, Hammerhead Shark, Clown Fish etc.

Tier Epic Fish: Mermaid ...

Tier Lendary: Cracken, Loch Ness Monster. (these would be bosses to face in order to get cosmetic items or weapons)

This opens up a margin of possibility to motivate exploration and makes navigation less monotonous, awakening the feeling of being able to find something new whenever you go out to sea in addition to a new island.

So the player himself will have more content to play, to go out in search of rare Mobs and their loot with their friends, these could be for example:

Trident of Posseidon (rare drop or made through craft dropping items from rare mobs)
Tiara of the Mermaid (idem);
Thematic clothes of each mobs of the seas;
More furniture for thematic creation of the seas.

Conclusion:
There are many possibilities to explore this idea, I even think that you (Yield Producers) should already have something similar in mind. But I wanted to contribute somehow to the game that I'm enjoying so much =)

Hugs! ;)

(I'm Brazillian, im used Google translate xD)

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Perhaps the  presence  of a  surfacing  whale   in front of a ship could be used as a indicator you are moving  too far  away away from known land  and  best to  turn back ..?

Hmmm   ...... we can craft  dynamite... that's  called  " instant  bait" ...but i wouldn't  use  it on "porpoise"     :D