Miguel Preguisa

DEV ANSWER List of items and where to find them

Question

It would be great to have some help and info about items and blocks in game. Its difficult to guess where to find some of these items, or how to do some important blocks. Picking up random things from ground, crafting everything and watching if you could craft something what you actually need is little annoying. So something like encyclopedia of blocks in Ylands would be very helpful. :)

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

We are gradually enhancing the ways users can navigate through the large numbers of items (e.g. by adding the "Favorites", "New & Noteworthy" and "Groups & Themes" sorting categories in the last update). There are still some improvements to be added but currently we are not planning on adding any sort of comprehensive list. However, having some sort of user-created wikipedia in the future might be a good idea, same for the crafting recipes :)

You mean a complete list of all the items and blocks available in the game or more like having a list of the crafting recipes to know what you actually can craft? Or both? :)

I mean maybe both. It is good to know the iron and clay is different colour on the ground or how exactly ylandium machines works. It would be useful for crafting recipes too. :)

(e.g. by adding the "Favorites", "New & Noteworthy" and "Groups & Themes" sorting categories in the last update).

Those Categories are only in Creative Mode and not in Crafting, Bug or intended I don't know just though I'd point that out just in-case and so there isn't any confusion on where those are located