Sign in to follow this  
Amber Icon

Specialty Toolset for Dismantling/picking up existing structures or placed furnishings?

Question

Would it be possible for single player and creative modes to get a suite of "Builders" tools that allow players to move placed objects? Furnishings like doors, tables, beds, chairs and such are the ones that are more desperately needed, but if it were possible to have the tools also "deconstruct" actual building materials as well it would be a nice bonus.

The reason why I suggest this is that thus far I have had issues building onto or modifying existing randomly generated buildings and camps. Sometimes a cabin that was initially a boon turns into an eyesore that leaves no option but to move my entire base to a new area of the island or painstakingly dismantle and replace the structures, furniture, walls and more.

I also understand that in multiplayer this would be an issue, but it must be easy enough to make them bound to perhaps the player shield generator thing, or make them only accessible by admin commands.

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Agreed.  When it takes me 2-4 real hours to make a nice and "decently-sized" structure to use as a base, then find out that I can't even rearrange my furniture without spending another hour destroying the pieces that I need to move and spend even more time gathering/using more resources to place "new" pieces in their new places, I find myself more frustrated than I need to be for a game that's so beautiful and open to people's creativity totally feeling counter-intuitive and almost punitive for "messing things up" the first time.

A simple tool to allow you to set your own items back to "placement" mode so you can move them (in your controlled area or neutral area) would be very helpful, more intuitive to building, and much more rewarding for making things.

Thanks!

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson
clarity. Tacos.

The newly added generator when placed will let you deconstruct thing in its area instantly with a hammer, though it's one time use so meant for your house where you might want to keep making changes.