Sign in to follow this  
TheWildCat1982

Login name changed

Question

Hi,

So i launched the game and looked the pop-up message which said to linke my account with bohemia to get extra coyns. I linked my steam account with the bohemia one just to find out later that the coyn deal was only for those bought the game befor steam launch, ok no problem i went to unlink my account and started the game again just to find out that now my account name got a very long line with numbers on it added.

Would you guy please help me i like my normal account name being displayed not that strange number thing.

i already uninstalled the game twice with all the files but still same problem.

Screenshot (3).png

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

So, the thing is:

Because you unlinked your account, a new "ghost account" was created when you launched the game, and because your username was already used, the system had to generate a "random" username.
You can log into accounts.bistudio.com with your "ghost account" with Steam, and change the username to the one you want.

But you can't use your old one that you had on your previous account, unless you still have access to the account you unlinked your Steam account, and change the username to something else, so you can use it on your new account.

It sounds confusing, I know :D

Well,

it does not really helped me at all.

Now i got like to more accounts with number names and all i want is to get back using just my steam name like ist was befor i linked steam with bohemia account.

When i try to change my nickname to my original one it says its already in use so some where will be my original account.

I mean i payed good money for ya game so please help me to get back my steam name ingame (WildCat-1982).

i only made two accounts

1. with email: wildcat-bohemia@outlook.com

2. with email: wildcat-ylands@outlook.com