CleaX

Map in singleplayer does not update

Question

Hi,

I have a problem with my map in singleplayer survival game. I run around my island and checked how the map is filling and it seems all right at the beginning. Later some parts, that were already found, dissapead from map. I tried to move with the map view, I tried log off and log in, but it kept same. I did a printscreen so you can see it.

I checked some other map related reported bugs, but they were about multiplayer mostly.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

yland_map.png

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

if you remove the map from the hotbar, it wont update. Also, you have to have a writing tool in your inventory.

I had the same issue when traveling through certain islands repetively : some parts are shown, some won't, even when coming back many times.

(single player, map in the hotbar and writing tool in inventory)

Edited by Maxime Gaillard

6 hours ago, Neoma said:

if you remove the map from the hotbar, it wont update. Also, you have to have a writing tool in your inventory.

Strange, I have not had a writing tool in my inventory since I made the map and have not had issue with it updating until just recently. I also have not removed the map from my hotbar either, but have a spot where the 'fog' remains after *I explored through it.

*edited a word.

Edited by Rhylock