Sign in to follow this  
A3_Melle

RESOLVED Explore automatic MP

Question

i noticed that wen you start a explore map on Ylands it goes online as a MP server wen you don't even start a MP server by the regular multiplayer menu.

Now i don't know if it is on purpose but maybe it is an idea to create a "option" to select if you want to go "public" or not, like the options you have to do wen you "host" a mp server in the MP menu. 

I can not let my son play Ylands explore (survival) at the moment as i don't like the idea of a 5 year old playing Ylands and everybody can join in without any "parent control", and it stops me from playing my own explore maps as i already had a "thief" stealing all my supplies i searched for to build my new house (got them back eventually wen the person died after leaving the server).

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sorry for the 2nd post about this, but it was in the wrong section. 

No problem! We are already looking into this, it's definitely not intended :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ane said:

No problem! We are already looking into this, it's definitely not intended :)

Thank you! :)

Can it be that at some point you set this specific yland to MP? It looks like once you make the game visible online, if you exit this game, it will automatically be visible online the next time you run it.

You can check this via Menu/Configure/Game/Local Multiplayer Server in the game you're having issues with. You need to make sure the Local Multiplayer Server is set to Disabled.

I have never played MP with explorer mode.

I will check the file wenn I get home after work and disable it wenn needed. 

Indeed the local MP was turned on, is kinda strange that I never have played MP on that map and it did get activated, the new test map I started had the function disabled, so it does not start up out of its own.

Well, at least now we know what the problem was. Back to playing Explore mode safely! :P

Yes! Played a bit last night with a safe feeling knowing other players would not pop in for a suprise visit :)