Silwercastle

Building size vs lag.

Has anybody felt or know of a correlation between the size of your build (house) and the amount of lag you get in the game? 

Strange, for me lag is not too bad from blocks around my large ships and house, but the crash is way more often like freezing/not responding while doing common things. Maybe its time for me to start over again. -_- (update) I'm playing singleplayer, maybe different if you playing multiplayer.

Edited by Velocifer

20 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Strange, for me lag is not too bad from blocks around my large ships and house, but the crash is way more often like freezing/not responding while doing common things. Maybe its time for me to start over again. -_- (update) I'm playing singleplayer, maybe different if you playing multiplayer.

Am trying to finish my base and when i build it feels like my lag has lag. I'm single player as well. 

I have the same issue.  My lag has lag.... lol!!! I am also SP and I have tried new builds (from scratch), I have tried creative, and I have tried downgrading my graphics to see if that was the issue... All to no avail... The game runs like butter most of the time at 60fps on my fairly high end laptop... wnen I lag it happens away from my build, near my build, on the ship out sailing, etc...) can't put my finger on why it does... 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:58 AM, Silwercastle said:

Am trying to finish my base and when i build it feels like my lag has lag. I'm single player as well. 

I have noticed most lag in areas where there is a lot of trees or other flora on the ground areas and also if there is a place where I have a lot of items thrown onto the ground. My current house is quite large with windmill and electricity and I do not see much lag but everything is put away in chests and neat. When I go back to where I first settled there is a lot of junk thrown around (was more worried about surviving than keeping it clean) and I get more lag there than at home. 

I encounter lag when moving around and I believe it is a result of new items being loaded as I enter new areas, even if I've already been there. In MP lag is very bad and out of roughly 12 servers I've tried I found that 10 were unplayable (and I filter for my region). The two that I find playable have their own issues though, one of them (ylands99) gets reset every day so any progress you've made is lost and the other one (Ylandia) is not dedicated which is a shame because because that server performs very well, almost as good as in single player mode.

One thing I have noticed with lag and MP is when logging in, anytime it took a very long time to login and I was patient enough to wait, there turned out to be a lot of players at the spawn location. Most of them gave up and aborted logging in but the system still registered them and since the same system takes a long time to show them logged out, half will be standing (logged in) while the other half will show has logged out (laying down or sitting - still not sure which one). But a high count of them at spawn can mean very long wait times. The last one I experienced this with was on the Naked and Afraid server.

I wish we could see the latency when browser for servers. I also wish we had a forum for servers because in most cases, there is no way to communicate with the owner and I think chat is local only so people have to be near to see your chat.