Sign in to follow this  
6Cowa6Bunga6

Boat Building

So if you ever get into playing Ylands, you should know that a boat is a must. 

the limits are almost to the sky of what you can build. blocky or not, mobile base or speeders. so many choices of what you can do on that large platform of a boat foundation. 

Would be cool to see more options for boats in the future. 

so since boats are a big thing,  i have learnt a few things. large masts are what you need to start off with. skip the small ones, not worth it. a boat with 6 masts could be considered a speeder.  if you make floors with stairs, make sure the stairs face the Bow. otherwise if you're sailing while going down the stairs, you could be going for a swim and hoping the boat gods  stop your ship. 

Are the Engines really worth it?? I think so  only if you got 4 or more, otherwise youll be relying on your masts taking up more room, or itll be slower then your other boat thats still the speeder. 
-The Mast Sails are cheap and very effictive in higher numbers (5 Large+) but take up alot of skyrise building room. 
-Engines are very expensive and only really reffictive also in higher numbers. but leave you tons of room to build more decks. 

I have not had a chance to play with the different engines (steam vs Ylandium) I jumped straight to the battery pack ones, with a recharger. on board. but my packs got consumed. didnt even get depleted ones back, so did i really need a recharger?? so do we gotta make new packs each time the engines run dry....

Editor mode i made a full 10 Ylandium Engine battle base boat. equipped even with a recharger and Generator. Not sure still if the engines consume the battery packs or is like the propeller suit.
20180101092442_1.thumb.jpg.b336b8f7edc337d980b4aecc2528d012.jpg

Editor build. 10 ylandium recharger . moble base/battle (10 Betty Cannons, every table, 10 engines, recharger, Large Gen)
Its a little ugly but i wanted to see building around engines and a charger and Generator. this is my second boat build. I much perffeer my first build that runs Large Masts

Anyways lets hear about your Boat builds and experiences

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6

I think that engines are actually more effective when you're comparing small numbers of both, since the fuel cost becomes massive with 4+ engines. I've ran the numbers on sails/engines and small sails give 60% speed of the large sails. There is also a maximum amount of sails/engines per hull type, for sails it is:

Small hull, 450%

Large hull, 550%

Large masts are 100%, small masts 60%.

Max amount of engines is 5 for small and 6 for large hull, and no difference between coal or ylandium. Your 10 engines are a little bit overkill :D

All top speeds are equal to the % of sails, up to their maximum. There for large hulls can go faster, however their acceleration is slower.

Another interesting option is to go hybrid, using 2-3 large masts and 2 engines. When you're sailing against the wind you can switch to engine power, when the wind direction is better you can sail for free :)

If you need any more info on the ship/sail/engine stats feel free to ask!

Adrie

Edit: if you like to live the easy life like I do and don't need a mobile base, I usually use the small boats. You can easily fit some small tables and sacks on them for a total of 30 storage slots.

Edited by WijkagentAdrie

Yeah, I'm used to build ships with 4 masts (3 big, one smaller). I haven't measure the speed, but the ships are veeery fast! The only problem is - ships seem to crash my game constantly and if I want to play Ylands at all I must use boats... with every free space packet with chests, bags and pots of any kind... :((((

I hoped to build some kind of bigger raft made of rafts, but it seems impossible even in free placing mode. :( Also masts works only on ships' hulls... So, I have to cheat in move my XVIIIc adventures (I'm deliberately denying use of electricity, magic, more complicated machines and weapons... I only accept discovered guns if they are flintlocks! (whole the rest is Devil's work!)  ;) 

But... yea... it seems I need flying machine for a while if I want to explore more of the game... :(((

All The Best