Sign in to follow this  
6Cowa6Bunga6

Broken Stone Pick

Question

so found a new bug with the stone pick. I use it often but did something different on this online server. I used a basic repair kit on it.

After repairing it the first time, it broke after using it, but after it broke i kept on digging. without having my dig button pressed or the animation for digging for my player. 
I continued to keep digging with the broken pick, but it showed me just standing there. if i walked around i would still keep digging. it stopped once i switch to a different tool. 
After repairing the stone pick the second time, i though maybe itll happen again once it broken. And you know what it did. but this time i had a screen freeze and that stopped my digging. 

This is the first time i used a basic repair kit on the stone pick. next server i join I will try to recreate this. 
that wont be till i crush, kill, and destory everyone and everything on this server. or i get stuck in another boat :P

Im friendly i swear

!Update!

so after killing some random person and stealing their basic repair kits i repaired my broken stone pick.
I was able to finish my starter cave with this bug, My pick broke once again for the 3rd time from repairing it, and i kept on digging. 
Felt like the energizer bunny. still on the same server. still using the same pick, next time i will make a new one and repair it after it breaks, 

!Update Update!

so made a new stone pick and broke it for the first time, kept on digging even without having to repair it. so im no longer 100% certain the basic repair kit did anything. and if it did, it started it as thats the only difference i did with the pick. 
playing on someones server so not sure how the save file thing works

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

was on a different server and ended up breaking my stone pick for the first time and i continued to keep digging without the animation. so it def wasnt the repair kit that did this. 
I was able to keep digging with the broken stone pick until i got hungry and had to eat. it stopped once i changed from the broken pick. 

looked funny standing around and having dirt disappear where ever i was looking

So I'm guessing it happens the same as what you described here?