Whane The Whip

Largest Starting Island? (Survival)

I've noticed that the starter islands in the Survival Scenario all seem to be quite small when compared to what is possible In creative or in the editor. I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get themselves a large starting island in Survival. While using the prop pack, I can circumvent most of my starter islands within 4 to 4.5 minutes. The largest island took me 5.25 minutes. The screenshots below show the difference on the map between the 4.5 island and the 5.25 island. Do you have a larger starter island? And would you be willing to share the .ylandsgame save file?

largest.png

standard.png

6 hours ago, mid endian said:

Might be limits to the island generation without making them clip into each other. 

Hmm, maybe. I did notice that a size 2 island generated in the editor is roughly twice as large as the survival starting island depending on the island count. I wish they would add the protective barrier to the editor then I could just generate the size I want and play it as a survival map.

I wish we have 1 yland in explore mode that as big as 1 yland generated in creative mode. Or even better if we can somehow place or copy/paste yland to exploration mode from editor.

I'd like a single island to have multiple biomes. Putting temperate, desert, and taiga together should be doable. 

the starter island that i ended up getting wasnt small, it was on a larger size of about a 10m walk around 

20180105133812_1.thumb.jpg.da044b2d1f35b74e2a9a7650ece1dff8.jpg

15 hours ago, Velocifer said:

I wish we have 1 yland in explore mode that as big as 1 yland generated in creative mode. Or even better if we can somehow place or copy/paste yland to exploration mode from editor.

That would be nice. I generated a map using the editor that was huge with lots of interconnecting islands that were nearly touching each each other. They were so large that without a map I was getting lost. I think that the "Survival" game is not a randomly generated world but a scenario pre-made and that the only random factor is the island you start out on.  If this is correct then that island that @6Cowa6Bunga6 started with would be one of those islands (that's a decent size for the starter island). I think I read there were 16 of them. Look at the option we have to generate in the editor or with creative (the same options) yet with survival we don't get any of those options. I think we need to be able to generate survival worlds with options that we have to generate creative world. If they included the protective barrier in the editor, then we would be able to do just that... with the exception of having multiple biomes as mentioned by  @mid endian.

Just adding the PB to the editor would open so many doors for both survival and multiplayer dedicated. And I may be wrong but I think that the only thing that makes the creative worlds "creative" is that you start with those in-game tools. Destroy those items and you would have a survival world with your specs, except that you also don't get a PB with the creative world. It's the lack of PB in both creative and the editor that is holding me back from what I want to do.

Edited by Whane

should be possible to increase the size of the map, just found this being mentioned with a quick datamine 

Quote; 

alphamapWidth alphamapHeight

4 hours ago, mid endian said:

I'd like a single island to have multiple biomes. Putting temperate, desert, and taiga together should be doable. 

I have already  encountered such an island in exploration. It was  figure 8  shaped with a  mountain range in the middle  separating the two  biomes...desert one side with sandstone  copper and  sulphur and  hyenas , and  tropical the other  with rubber  iron and  wolves and  bears. There was a cave  entrance in the central  mountain area  but i was not game to enter ...god  knows  what was mutated in there! :/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1