Sign in to follow this  
Orquarius

DEV ANSWER Launcher crashes as soon as clicking Login

Question

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

13 hours ago, Orquarius said:

I open the launcher, and the second I click Login, it crashes and says "YlandsLauncher.exe has stopped working" it happens every time.

YlandsLauncher.log

YlandsLauncher-previous.log

I would imagine you are likely missing a required dependency that either Ylands.exe or YlandsLauncher.exe needs to function correctly.

Windows update should fix this, or you could attempt to uninstall Ylands and reinstall it, as I'm not certain if these dependencies are included in the game files at this early stage, this might do nothing.

A developer could likely elaborate further on what could be missing or needing updating.

In the meantime, you could potentially look to see if the following generally used dependencies are installed and/or updated on your machine (or just run windows update), though I have not much clue as to which if any of these could be required.

- Latest Graphics Card drivers - Can be sourced from the manufacturer website of your device likely either AMD or NVIDIA.

- Latest DirectX updates - A guide can be found from Microsoft.

- Latest C++ Redistributables - A selection can be found from Microsoft.

- Latest .NET Framework - .NET 4.0 or perhaps .NET 4.6.2.

- Latest XNA Framework (not sure if needed at all) - Can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Failing this, it may prove useful to provide the version of Windows on your machine, and system specifications, to allow further diagnosis.

Also, the developers often ask which DirectX version are you using? And inform you that Ylands requires version 11.1, though version 11 seems to work for me (unsure if the .1 shows up anyway in dxdiag).

You can find this by typing "dxdiag" in to the Windows Run / Search box in the start menu, and pressing Enter.

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

18 hours ago, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

I would imagine you are likely missing a required dependency that either Ylands.exe or YlandsLauncher.exe needs to function correctly.

Windows update should fix this, or you could attempt to uninstall Ylands and reinstall it, as I'm not certain if these dependencies are included in the game files at this early stage, this might do nothing.

A developer could likely elaborate further on what could be missing or needing updating.

In the meantime, you could potentially look to see if the following generally used dependencies are installed and/or updated on your machine (or just run windows update), though I have not much clue as to which if any of these could be required.

- Latest Graphics Card drivers - Can be sourced from the manufacturer website of your device likely either AMD or NVIDIA.

- Latest DirectX updates - A guide can be found from Microsoft.

- Latest C++ Redistributables - A selection can be found from Microsoft.

- Latest .NET Framework - .NET 4.0 or perhaps .NET 4.6.2.

- Latest XNA Framework (not sure if needed at all) - Can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Failing this, it may prove useful to provide the version of Windows on your machine, and system specifications, to allow further diagnosis.

Also, the developers often ask which DirectX version are you using? And inform you that Ylands requires version 11.1, though version 11 seems to work for me (unsure if the .1 shows up anyway in dxdiag).

You can find this by typing "dxdiag" in to the Windows Run / Search box in the start menu, and pressing Enter.

As far as I am aware, everything is up to date. I updated windows and my drivers very recently. I typed "dxdiag" and it says my DirectX is 11. I use Windows 8.1

6 minutes ago, Orquarius said:

It didn't seem to work

Do you have any issues playing any other games of similar type?

Does your system meet the minimum specifications etc?

CPU, RAM, GPU / Graphics Card?

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

11 minutes ago, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

Do you have any issues playing any other games of similar type?

Does your system meet the minimum specifications etc?

CPU, RAM, GPU / Graphics Card?

I can play GTA, Fifa, F1. Although, not on high quality, but can still play them. From what I can see, my system meets the minimum 

Yes, if you're playing GTA V? Then you should be able to play this without issues really.

I'm not sure what to suggest at this stage, however, if it was me, I would likely do the following (if you haven't already).

Uninstall the game, navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents and delete the Ylands folder. (Or the equivalent location for windows 8)

Reinstall Ylands, see if it's fixed.

If not, I could only suggest something like a driver assistance tool, I personally use Driver Booster, because they constantly release free "Pro Version" keys on YouTube, just search on there for "Driver Booster Key". The advantage of this is it can check for up-to-date drivers for all your devices, and searches for latest dependencies for games as well, this saves me a lot of time and hassle. I use it a lot on fresh builds to save sourcing all the drivers from manufacturers and get the machine game-ready, I never have any issues but I've been using Windows 7 and not 8.

3 hours ago, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

Yes, if you're playing GTA V? Then you should be able to play this without issues really.

I'm not sure what to suggest at this stage, however, if it was me, I would likely do the following (if you haven't already).

Uninstall the game, navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents and delete the Ylands folder. (Or the equivalent location for windows 8)

Reinstall Ylands, see if it's fixed.

If not, I could only suggest something like a driver assistance tool, I personally use Driver Booster, because they constantly release free "Pro Version" keys on YouTube, just search on there for "Driver Booster Key". The advantage of this is it can check for up-to-date drivers for all your devices, and searches for latest dependencies for games as well, this saves me a lot of time and hassle. I use it a lot on fresh builds to save sourcing all the drivers from manufacturers and get the machine game-ready, I never have any issues but I've been using Windows 7 and not 8.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a bunch of times. Still doesn't work

Hi Orquarius,

even though our programmers have looked into your issues several times, we don't have any clue what may be causing this (and logs don't contain anything that might explain it).

We think that running the game through Steam launcher will very likely fix that. So if you're trying to play the trial game you can wait for the game to become available on Steam later this year,  get it and if the problem persists you can easily ask for a refund.

If you already bought the game, we'll be sending out Steam keys to those who have already bought the game within a couple of weeks so you may decide to wait and try again when you get your key or we can refund your game right now.

We are sorry for the inconvenience!