Ane

0.10: Extended Editor (23/03/2016)

Changelog_s.thumb.png.bd971d4300a6fec15e

Extended Editor - 23/03/2016

The Editor has evolved from elementary to extended, bringing us a more advanced version – but this isn't even its final form! We will continuously work on it in the months to come, and with every update it will be tweaked to a greater or lesser extent. Therefore your feedback is highly welcome!

Right now it is only possible to edit in the scenario ylands, but in the future it will be used in every sort of game. 

Something important to mention is that it is possible to copy (Ctrl + C), paste (Ctrl + V), duplicate (Ctrl + D) delete (Delete key) and select multiple items (holding Ctrl) in the editor with said shortcuts, but for now this is not specified by any hint. This will be changed in the future and it will be possible to complete these actions by right clicking on the item/object. In the same way, shortcuts will be added for every button. 

There are tooltips for every button in the editor, but in case you find the interface not to be very intuitive, we decided to compile a short “guide” on our forums, mainly explaining what each button does. And shortly a video describing the Editor's main features will follow.

We would like to take this as a chance to begin a series of guides that will hopefully shed some light upon some of the current in-game features (which players' feedback has proven not to be that clear at the moment), like what potions are for or how to use workstations. 

New_features_s.thumb.png.04d8c61a9dbf4f3

• Massive scenario editor update (new features, GUI, optimizations and tweaks)
  • Players can now craft various items and objects that utilize energy (those that were available only from the catalog until now)
  • Better tree collision detection for projectile weapons
  • Ragdoll simulation (when landing from heights)
  • New character footstep particles
  • Weapons get damaged when being used to hit enemies / smash things
  • Copper veins can now be found on ylands
  • Particle effect is now shown when taking environmental damage

New_items_s.thumb.png.0490cb930cd77e0221

• Magic blossoms
  • Heated copper ingot
  • Screwdriver
  • Energy workbench

Major_fixes_s.thumb.png.5acdbe9804e34bb6

• Fixed issues with Map item
  • Fixed issue where wall torches and torch stands could be lighted twice
  • Fixed animals rotating around their axis while sleeping
  • Fixed some recipes consuming tools and not lowering durability
  • Added / Fixed harvest action on bushes
  • Fixed several recipes with magic dust
  • Ostrich walks better over obstacles now
  • Fixed issue with bonfires working as workstations
  • Fixed bad colliders on all bonfire prefabs
  • Players can no longer perform actions while flying using the flight potion
  • Present boxes are containers now
  • Fixed numerous editor GUI related issues
  • Paintings were renamed for easier filtering in editor
  • Renamed piles of dirt to the respective tree and plant names
  • Fixed several issues with chat input focus
  • Fixed several non-localized strings
  • Fixed several texts being cut-off in-game
  • Fixed birds sliding along the terrain instead of flying
  • Fixed animals having seizures when standing on one spot
  • Magic bush is much rarer now in all climate areas
  • Fixed energy objects having issues in multiplayer 
  • Fixed issue with disappearing hints for focused items
  • Fixed issue where energy nodes could not be focused

Coming_soon_ss.thumb.png.ad3572910a74a9c

Coming Soon to your ylands… Fancy Furniture!

OK, we get it. The way the Ylands team describes the update tittles leaves little to the imagination. So… yes, there will be a bunch of new furniture, and it will be as fancy as it can get!

BUT!

What's the point in having a bed if you cannot lie down on it? Or isn't sitting in front of the campfire after a tiring day of hunting as rewarding as finally sinking your teeth into the boar you chased for half an hour? Yes, you guessed it right! With the next update we will be able to both sit and lie down! Our characters will finally have some rest.

And as an additional bonus our Lead Designer Aleš promised that the workstations will be reworked so that there's finally someone who understands how they work. Good luck with that!

Edited by Ane
  • Upvote 1

It is always the same. I see tweet, I go on forum, I get excited, I turn my computer to check it and I finish reading a post. And I'm always getting excited about upcoming update. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Update 24/03/2016

Version 0.10.17047

• Fixed the issue where clicking the "Save" option (under "File") sometimes didn't result in the yland being saved
Edited by Ane

Version 0.10.17073

• Fixed issue where performing selection/operations with multiple entities in the editor would result in a memory leak
  • Fixed an issue where the Launcher would run itself twice
  • Fixed a rare issue where launcher would not run properly with a specific folder in the Ylands directory

The updated Editor feels very ArmA 3 :P, I guess you guys at Bohemia Interactive found something you really like and I do have to agree with it, it is very nice.

I do dislike the fact the creative player now has a range restriction on placing objects which I like using for its Building mode.

Edited by nohalfmeasures
  • Upvote 2

Hi,

sorry for reacting this late but we overlooked the edit you made :) Could you maybe elaborate a bit what you mean by that? Is it that at some point in the editor you were able to build things without any range restriction at all and now it is restricted?

Is it that at some point in the editor you were able to build things without any range restriction at all and now it is restricted?

Yeah, In character mode in the editor.

Alright, thanks for the info - we'll take a look at that. 

Have a great weekend! :)